Ahhhh

cgbben1

I recently updated my bios and relized my temps were very low! So i decided to OC a little i put the fsb at 236x10 and the cpu vid to 104%.

When windows was loading it said file nfts.somthing is daaged or missing inesert the xp cd to repair. Did that and it didn't work. so i went into the bios and put everything to defult and no longer had the error!

WTF WAS THAT ERROR AND WHY DID IT HAPPEN!

hey,

I get the same problem too when I try to get my FSB over 220 without doing 9:10 memory. Basically it means something isnt right (stability issue) therefore reduce and retry. Its a trial and error process to overclock. Very frustrating at times. I think my problem is I did not buy good quality ram (for overclocking anyways) so I will sooner or later go OCZ EL ram type.

Hope this helps,

Josh

I recently updated my bios and relized my temps were very low! So i decided to OC a little i put the fsb at 236x10 and the cpu vid to 104%.

When windows was loading it said file nfts.somthing is daaged or missing inesert the xp cd to repair. Did that and it didn't work. so i went into the bios and put everything to defult and no longer had the error!

WTF WAS THAT ERROR AND WHY DID IT HAPPEN!

You get that error when you OC too hard for the current amount of voltage you're putting through your components.

RAM usually won't post or start to boot if it's being pushed too hard, whereas the CPU will just act all funky (i.e: crapt up :P) if it needs more voltage.

Whenever you see windows saying a boot file is corrupt, you need to back off your OC a little. Simple :)

well, except for those times when the file really IS corrupt on the HDD, and then you need to re-install windows. :P

however, that is why some CRAZY people test their OC settings with dos based programs like memtest86 and lucifer before trying to boot into windows, with the risk of losing valuable data and the hassel of having to do a clean install.

but then again, i am CRAZY myself, that way.