LP NF2 Ultra-B 4Leds

Ok, so I started out with a budget ECS K7VTA3 board that just did the job, barely. And my friend just got his computer all together, but his LP board would boot for about 2 secs then turn back off, and I rememdied it by holding the power and reset then releasing only the power. We got his to boot only after putting my CPU in his mobo. Then it got time to go, and so I tried to piece my computer back together, but somewhere along the way, something got fried. My mobo would boot, but no video. I thought nothing of it, since it was a crap board, and asked if I could borrow my other friends spare NF2. Alright now I've got his NF2 sitting here in my case, and I'm getting the 4 LEDs, no Power LED in the front of my case, and no video. What could have gone so wrong? All my components worked just dandy. Another thing I have noticed about this board, my hard drive (PATA) will only spin up if its not connected to the IDE. Please help me get my computer back so I can beat Half-Life 2!!!!

Update-I now have the motherboard set on a piece of cardboard, but it still give me the 4 LEDs..so no difference there.

Thnx, Protoss

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had this same problem. I just cleared the CMOS settings, and waited a few minutes. Then I just tried it and it worked again. I've had this happen twice, both times I was messing with the hardware. I find it very strange, and I still get freezes sometimes while surfin the net.

Ok I'll get the sig typed up ASAP. So is everything OK with this mobo except the BIOS? I've got the CMOS clear jumper moved, and the battery out and have had it that way since about 8 PM yesterday, figured I'll try after school tomorrow...

EDIT:Sig Updated...leme know if you need any other info. Oh and I've never booted the mobo, since I just borrowed it from a friend and he said it just started doing this.

Update:I couldn't contain myself so I thought I'd try it tonite. No Go. I got the same 4 LEDs and everything, tried pressing Insert, no good. Tried holding the reset and power button then holding the reset for 10-15 secs, but still nothing.

I have the same board with the same problem.

Everything was fine until flashed the bios to the 2004/11/24 version, to hopefully clear up the random lockups I get.

The flash utility said the flash was successful, but when it rebooted, all I got was a black screen, and four leds lit. No post, no beep codes, nothing...

I emailed tech support at DFI on tuesday, but I still havent gotten a response.

So, is there anyone out there local to Wisconsin that wants to do a hot flash for me???

BTW, I tried resetting the CMOS with every method known to man (CMOS reset jumper, 100 FSB jumper, remove atx & p4 connector, remove battery, let sit for hours, wash rinse repeat...). I Removed the sound card, swaped the 9800Pro for a pci vid card, removed all video cards and memory (just trying to get the board to complain, I would do carwheels if I could just get it to beep at me).

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section, paying close attention to the second post in teh 'critical' thread (about system specs in your sig).

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post.

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version. The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.