Guys where can I find Air Duct for my CPU and PS?

Guest shaolin95_merged

i was not previously clear on if you had the navigator with one 120 in back, or 2 80mms in the back. your most recent post cleared that up.

i cannot easily picture what exactly it is that you have done with two fans in the front, however, i will say that you are venting out some of the coolest air in your case.

it is moving past you HDDs and getting warm, and then exiting, which might help case temps somewhat, but it is a bit odd.

as for the ducting mods....................well, the thing is that fans of the type used in the computer industry are simply not very good for moving air against a resistance. and, in spite of what some people seem to think, moving air through a pipe generates resistance.

there is, of course, a balancing act beween getting air where you need it, and avoiding excessive bends and resistance and maybe some of these ducts strike a good balance........however i have my doubts.

you'll note that things like water pumps, furnace fans and automotive superchargers all use lobe-type or impeller-type mechanisms to pump air or water. that is because they are better at moving a limited volume of material against a resistance.

airplanes boats and case fans use a propeller type (or ducted propeller) because that is much better at moving a LARGE volume through very little resistance.

getting a freely blowing fan directly over you CPU will put air where you need it, against little or no resistance.

Guest shaolin95

Based on your info I think I am going to keep my fans the way they are now cause if I put my fron ones as intake and my back ones blowing out then I will have to run the air duct a longer way from the front fans to the CPU which will increase the effect of resistance now if I use the back fans for intake (the way they are now), the path for the air will be much shorter thus limiting I hope, the effects of resistance. Perhaps I could try using both front and back as intake and the side one as outake since now I wont have to worry about the side fan robbing my CPU from the cool air coming in thru the back fans...is that clear? :-) BTW my case comes with only one fan in front (at the very bottom) but is has the slot for another 80mm just on top of the already installed. The thing is that I dont see how those front ones are able to get much air from the outside since they are so heavily blocked by the case's front plate.

Regards

i agree that leaving your fans as they are makes sense if you go for ducting.

i just hope that i have made it clear, though, that you can get equal or better input of cool outside air to your cpu with a fan that is closer to the CPU and blowing directly on it, as opposed to through a duct.

The thing is that I dont see how those front ones are able to get much air from the outside since they are so heavily blocked by the case's front plate

If you feel that the front fans won't pull the air in very well, chances are, they are not pushing it out very well either,meeting resistance from the faceplate, and could be blowing some of that heated air back into the case.

For better cpu cooling, you should really invest in a better performing hsf, and trash that stock cooler.

Guest shaolin95

Already looking for one... any recommendations? I am looking at the Xp120, the thermaltake BigTyphoon etc...

Perhaps I could try using both front and back as intake and the side one as outake since now I wont have to worry about the side fan robbing my CPU from the cool air coming in thru the back fans...is that clear? :-)

Then you could diagram your comp like this, but instead of having an exhaut fan on the top, you'll be having it on the side.

ockitgif1.gif

Guest shaolin95

I can use both the side and top to blow out...in any case I will try different configs to find out what works better.

Guest shaolin95

Update:

I just received the Overclocker cooling kit (Sunbeam) from Wickedld9 and surprisingly my Load temps went from hitting up to 65C according to Smart Guardian to "only" 58 C! Thats a 7 C drop using a simple upgrade...not bad at all. Thanks Wickedld9...

Regards

• 2 months later...