cmedia wont install

I just purchased a Lanparty pro875b motherboard and have no sound on my system, i installed the cmedia drivers but for some reason they do not show up in media devices? Any help would be great!!!!

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section, paying close attention to the second post in teh 'critical' thread (about system specs in your sig).

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post.

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version. The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.

Sorry about the sig Angry Games for i am a rookie as you can see and i just got caught slippin!! So yes i fixed the specs in sig for all to see and hope this might help in solving my sound problems.

Update.... I still can not get my onboard sound to work. When installing cmedia drivers it tells me i dont have the proper chip to run the drivers. So i put a sound card in last night and i now have sound. This is just a quick fix, need that slot avalible for other hardware. Caught in the inevitable chain of karma!!

ok so putting in the cd-rom that came with the motherboard and clicking to install them did not do anything?

do you have hte onboard sound enabled in the BIOS? (Integrated Periphials section - AC97 Audio = enabled)

on these particular boards, I would highly recommend a PCI sound card as the Cmedia integrated audio is not nearly as good as a Creative 5.1-Audigy-Audigy2 or equivalent. I know this isn't the solution you are looking for, I am just giving you honest opinion on the integrated audio's quality.

but if you absolutely must use the onboard sound, then try putting in the cdrom that came with the board and installing (making sure the audio is enabled in the bios)

http://www.angrygames.com/LP875B_bios1.htm

LP875B-bios7.jpg

Yes i checked out the onboard audio settings, its set to auto, Which i would guess means enabled. Have tried many attempts to load cmedia, uninstalling, then reinstalling. When attempting these installations a small window appears that says i do not have the proper chip onboard and will not have access to the advanced features. No problem with that as long as it would work. Installing a good sound card is not such a bad idea considering i have one now and everything works smooth like butter.

My main concern is that i have a problem with the board! Its new and im a little worried about its functionality. Should i contact the seller? Should i send it in to get it check out? Should i send it back and get a full refund? Is this a common problem dfi boards have had in the past? These are the questions i ask myself.

Only owning this board for a week i can tell you that it rocks. P4 northy 3.0 @ 3.5 with cheap ram and stock cooling, running a 1:1 ratio with a crapy power supplie gives me great hopes for the future when i get a 500w psu, good oc ram and a nice little cpu coller.

its only common to the fact that all mfg's have some boards that sometimes have an issue. this is true across the board with any motherboard...large majority won't have an issue, a few here or there will have one or more issues. Its a random thing that is just an unwritten law with any technology.

i honestly recommend a PCI sound card of good quality...as great as the board is at performance and overclocking, the onboard sound just isn't that good. No onboard sound is very good until you get the NF2/NF3/NF4 'Soundstorm' type integrated APU.

you can send the board back if you wish if you think it would make you feel better.

one other thing to check is to make sure none of the front audio jumpers have been removed from default positions. playing with these (ie hookin up FrontX etc) can hamper your rear input audio.

Im going to try and defrag my directory and clean things up a bit then reinstall and see what happens. I have no intentions what so ever of returning this board for the simple fact that I LOVE IT!!! And have a felling it would be a challenge finding another one for the price i payed. Audio card is working just fine :nod:

Another quick question for you if you dont mind.... (hope its not posted on a sticky:)

Going for 3.8 with zalhman air and a 500w psu what ram would you say is best?

• 1 year later...

see.... i figured to do that too, but there's no advanced settings/program to change settings or am i missing something.... in all honesty it's not my computer it's a buddy of mines. found the original box but not the cd so i couldn't find any software off the main dfi site either......

i tried going through the taskbar icon for sound volume- advanced settings, and went to control panel also and looked all through there, with nothing about echo/spacial settings.

the owner of the 875b later was messing w/ a episode of pure pwnage in itunes video converter, and was able to make it sound normal through that programs advanced settings. but no other program (mediaplayer/itunes/dvdrom) has settings that would do the same...... :headbang:

With the information you have supplied, that tells me the sound utility has not been installed to control spatial effects.

Install the utulity and this *should* allow you to disable the echoing he currently experiences.