Lanparty nf2 ultra b with XP mobile wont boot - help!

I am new to building a computer and i am having problems booting it up for the first time. The specs of the computer are:

Motherboard - lanparty NFII ultra B

CPU – AMD Athlon XP Mobile 2500+

Ram – Corsairs 512MB CMX512 3200XL

Harddrive – Hitachi 160GB SATA

DVD RW – Samsung TS H552B

Power supply – Antec Smart Power SL350P 350W

Graphics Card – XFX Geforce 6600GT AGP 128MB

After connecting all components to the board I turned the switch on at plug, then flicked the switch on the power supply unit. The standby light then lit. Finally after pushing the power button on the motherboard, the 4 diagnostic LEDs flash on and off, being on for approximately half a second. They do not stay on or cycle through blinking in different combinations. Nothing else happens after this has occurred. I then turned the power off using the power supply units switch, since holding the power button has no effect.

I have tried booting the system using a variety of components connected, and with the ram in different slots, however I see the same result. Finally I tried taking the motherboard out of the case and connecting only the cpu/cpu fan and the ram, again the same flash of the 4 diagnostic LEDs occurred.

I have contacted DFI technical support and was told that the motherboard doesnt support the mobile xp, but didnt help me in getting it to boot for the first time. They suggested trying to boot with a desktop cpu however i dont have a spare cpu to use. They also said that they would send me a new bios chip with the newest bios which i accepted and am waiting for.

Any help in solving this problem would be much appreciated.

If the 100 fsb jumper doesn't work you could try the war mod. Do a search in the forum for 'war mode' or 'wire mod' and see what you come up with. It's really easy to do and should make your board recognize your mobile if thats what's causing the problem.

have tried removing graphics card and have tried removing the 100 fsb jumper. neither had any effect on the system. have read about wire mod but would prefer to exhaust all other options first if there are any. is the wire mod for the symptoms i have described because i have only read of the wire mod being used on systems that are already working. are there any other causes for my problem? thanks for all help so far and any suggestions anyone can make.

Does your PSU have both ATX and the additional 12V power feed to the mobo? Without the 12V power connected the system wont post

CoXeY