BETA TESTERS - please see this thread

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bump to keep this up top without making a sticky.

if you have the facility to be a beta tester, please let me know.

this is what is required:

1. bios saviour, spare bios chip, or extra board to hotflash a bios

2. ability to give us report without fluff or begging for this or that feature. we only need to know if something works or doesnt work.

3. knowledge that if a beta bios hoses your system, we are not responsible for it. period.

we have a new beta from Oskar but we aren't going to put it on normal dfi beta site until more than just oskar has tested it.

VJ: check the beta section

Capt: sorry man...if you dont have a savior or another bios chip or another board to hotflash a dead NF3 bios chip with...I cannot in good conscience let you take that risk.

it isnt that im mean or keeping the beta group elite...its that you must be prepared to face the fact that a bios could die at any time and without a backup plan...it could be 10+ days for you to get another chip flashed by DFI...

ask around here and find out what boards can be used to hotflash chips with, or where you can pull a spare chip ;)

I'd be glad to help. I've had no real issues with the BIOS's available; I only use JSJA15 for better Mobile/DTR compatability and I need the higher vdimm settings for my BH5. And I understand that any BIOS that supports Mobiles / DTRs wouldn't ever be official, but I've never been afraid of betas. I have the correct BIOS Saviour on a different board that's not being used. I just need another DFI BIOS chip. Any links to the best place to get the right chip?