LANPARTY UT NF3-250 - Colorful Garbage

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest someDude
Originally posted by Flghtmstr1

Hey guys, if any of you have a PSU with an adjustable +3.3v rail, raise it a bit. That cured my Sapphire 9800 Pro issues. Even if i switch the psu off to move my comp or change ram or whatever, the comp will boot fine now.

Great news!!!!

but I can't do that to mine, I think.

From what I've read here we really have 2 separate issues if when you cold boot and get "colorful garbage" at POST and then there are those who have garbled screens during or after loading the OS. As for the latter I can't offer a suggestion but I can second what Flghtmstr said, that those having the issue at cold boot its fixed with a bit more volts on the 3.3v rail... atleast it does on mine (Sapphire 9800Pro flashed to XT).

Mine will do it with any reading under 3.3v (according to BIOS) with varying degrees of the problem, sometimes not being able to even get it to turn on the monitor at all. Once the 3.3v rail is over 3.3 (mine is set to 3.5v on a 470 watt Powerstream) the problem is solved and can be easily reproduced. :D

Guest someDude
Originally posted by d2agonfly

Mitro-> Do you use stock fan for your video card? I want to flash my 9800PRo 256mb (retail) to XT, but afraid it may fry. Bought the Silent Cooler 3 but didn't fit the board.

Can I jump in here?

I have the 9800 pro 256, BBA. It has the 8 memory chips on each side. My ATI Silencer 3 would'nt fit it either. I got a saw to it, cut off the copper tabs that sit incorrectly on the memory. That also got rid of the 2 pins that didn't fit. Then without using the backside memory plate, I mounted the cooler using only the 2 pins adjacent to the R360 chip.

Then I flashed it to XT.

I also have flashed 2 others to XT last week. They both have stock cooling. After the flash, I installed the Omega drivers, which include Radlinker. As soon as I could from desktop, I clocked em back down to stock. They are fine like this till I figure out what to do to cool em.

If your card is the same as mine, with the 2.8 Hynix, I reccomend the GeCube9800XT256MB bin file.

Originally posted by d2agonfly

Mitro-> Do you use stock fan for your video card?

Nope. I use an Arctic Cooling Silencer Rev. 3. I would imagine that stock cooling may be able to handle the OC, but I would atlleast reapply some good thermal paste to the sink. I'd still recommend upgrading the HSF though.