No POST 875b

Hi, Im on an lanparty 875b and i just got it, installed everything, checked connections twice. When I turn it on I get no POST, no Video output, nothing telling me that its running besides the fans going on. Im worried it might be the CPU since both ram and mobo are brand new. Any help would be appreciated.

v | c | o u s

follow the clear CMOS instructions in the sticky up at the top and then try again.

also try pulling heatsink and cpu and reinstalling them to see if that will help (and check cpu closely for bent pins)

another thing to try is pulling the mobo from the case and booting minimal (single stick of RAM, cpu, vid only)

maybe default voltages are not enough for your ram. your ram runs off of 2.75v and default is 2.6 i think. try holding the insert key when trying to boot and if that works hit del to get into bios and change dimm voltages. not for sure that is the problem but whenever my comp would not post it always seem to be a ram related thing

no bent pins on the cpu?

if you power up and no heat comes off the cpu, then i would say its a good (bad?) sign that the cpu isn't feeling any love.

do you have another board you can try the cpu in?

do you have another cpu you can try in the board?

800FSB Northwood cpu's are very inexpensive now, and will add a whole new world of performance over that 1.8Ghz P4 you are using if you can afford one.

you shouldnt have to have a whole new cpu to get your board working...but if it IS your cpu (and if you have a friendly computer store in the area you can take it to them and ask if they will check it to see if its working or not), then I highly suggest a Northwood 800FSB (NOT A PRESCOTT!) as a replacement.

Are both of the following on when you turn your system on?

DIMM Standby Power LED (to the left of DIMM slots)

This LED will turn red when the system’s power is on or when it

is in the Suspend state (Power On Suspend or Suspend to RAM).

It will not light when the system is in the Soft-Off state.

PCI Standby Power LED (bewteen 4th and 5th PCI slot)

This LED will turn red when the system is in the power-on, Soft-

Off or Suspend (Power On Suspend or Suspend to RAM) state.