nForce installation on Windows 2003

The reason for purchasing this board was to maintain an on-board firewall for our Windows 2003 server, however, this is the one piece of software that will not install. I have tried to convince the installation software that the system is Win 2K or Win XP, but neither have worked.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the firewall operating? The intent is to allow the server direct connection to the internet with a single NIC via a hub.

Board is not touted as server board in the first place but rather as an enthusiast overclocking wild thing. Nvidia is the source of the Nvidia firewall and as such will have to modify the install for later or server versions of Win2K3 if they intend it to work with that O/s.

However I did forward your email to tech support to Taiwan to see if they can in fact get any firmer answer from Nvidia but if they do it will likely be a while.

RGone...

I hate to say this but I always use Intel motherboards for this type of situation.

Everyone supports Intel mobos and I have never had a problem getting enterprise software running on them. NEVER!

Also the details you provide have me confused. A computer running as a firewall would have two NICs at a minimum. One to the greater internet and the other to your network.

That's the only way it can actually "firewall" the data stream.

please check the rules and the Important Info threads stuck to the top of this section, paying close attention to the second post in teh 'critical' thread (about system specs in your sig).

this helps us tremendously to help you solve your issue if we can see what is in your system every time you post.

Be as thorough as possible please. Voltages, timings, settings, bios version. The more information you give us about the problem, and the more details about your hardware in your sig = more help we can give you.