[RESOLVED]DRAM CONFIG "FORCE" 2001:1>> New to computer

Hi, I just built my computer. I ran nVidia System Utility and it said my ram was running at DDR333. How do i correct this?? I dont know anything about the bios or tweaking or what not. I bought the parts a friend told me to buy, and built a computer. I havent changed any setting so far... Just poped in my cpu / ram / components and installed winXP pro sp2. Please help.

Actually " x0^";you need to do a little manual reading to learn the settings on the board. I suggest the online manual or the one on the Cd that came with the motherboard.

AMD specs the onboard memory controller that is built into the cpu to revert to 333 when 3 sticks of memoyr are installed. That is how they set it up. "However" if the memory is worth much and you have a good cpu with a good memory controller you can go into Dram Configuration and "force" 200 1:1 and then the memory if capable will run at 200/DDR400.

Personally depending on what sort of 'tasks' and applications were the main focus of the computer's intended useage> it could well be possible that 1.5mb at 333 might in fact be more useful at that speed than only 2x512 but that is up to you to determine.

RGone...