Ultra B temperatures

Hi,

I'm a new convert to DFI after many years of Asus :)

I have just changed to a DFI LanParty and although it is running perfectly stable (for instance it does 12hours of prime95 under Knoppix without an error), I notice that the system temperature is not being reported correctly either in the BIOS or within XP.

The BIOS reports the CPU at 39 - 41 deg C depending upon load, but it shows the system temperature at 43 - 46 deg C which is not correct. The temperature inside the case is barely above room temperature ( I have 2 case fans in addition to the PSU fan) and there is adequate ventilation and good positioning of the cables.

Any suggestions? And please can you tell me where the system temperature sensor is located.

thanks

Sqiz

PS: I do not overclock - everything is at the auto / default settings.

My first landparty also had a system temp of 46c under load. This board ran fine up to 182fsb but that was its max. I purchased a second landparty and this MB runs 36c under load at 233fsb. I bet your high temp is accurate and reads the same in bois and with the hardware doctor.

the system temp sensor is located in a very warm area of the board, right at the cpu/AGP/NB area. You will get higher than expected temp readings because of this.

my cases that have temp probe I generally put the probe between one of the pci slots to get a better reading of system temps.

I just don't see how the system temperature can be higher than the cpu temperature - I can't find any area of the motherboard that is that high, as far as I can tell the general temperature inside the case is only 28C

Originally posted by Sqiz

I just don't see how the system temperature can be higher than the cpu temperature - I can't find any area of the motherboard that is that high, as far as I can tell the general temperature inside the case is only 28C

i already answered this one in the previous post:

the system temp sensor is located in a very warm area of the board, right at the cpu/AGP/NB area. You will get higher than expected temp readings because of this.