should this happen?

hey guys .. while running xp .. sometimes it seems like i dont have enough ram .. even when i am not doin a lot of multitaksing .. somtimes the scrren gets choppy and in some cases .. my computer locks up .. do you know y this is .. i have 512ddr .. and i mean .. it doenst seem to run that well

also .. i was playing cs on this computer .. i tired it out since i just built it .. i have my ti4200 in ther .. and i had the antialiasing all the way up and the antischophic filtering all the way up .. and cs didnt run very smooth its fps wouldnt go past 60 .. even when i typed in fps_max 100 and fps_modem 100 .. and it just ran choppy ...

is this the ram? can i do anything about it .. besids gettin more of it?

and i had the antialiasing all the way up and the antischophic filtering all the way up .. and cs didnt run very smooth its fps wouldnt go past 60

this surprises you?

Ti4200 while a good card, will never be good with AA/AF enabled. Only the Radeon cards in that generation were any good. And its only a 64MB card?

as for WinXP choppy...check for viruses, spyware, defrag, etc (standard stuff)

i would personally get more ram ideally 1024 win xp uses almost half of what you have just to run which doesnt leave a lot, especially if you have the system set to defaults eg backgrounds effects etc also if auto update is on and your connected it will be dl huge amounts which might make it a bit scrappy and without being nasty the gfx card sux big time the previous card was actualy better i believe ti 3 if i recall although i hate nvidia cards anyway so am biased:D