Cant flash bios saviour.

Hello to all.

I've just bought a DFI LP UT 754 NF3 and I'm trying to use the bios saviour that I used with my DFI LP NF2 and my Abit NF7-s.

I tried to flash the latest beta bios in it, but I had no success.

I tried the winflash utility and it said that it was a wrong bios.

I tried to flash anyway, but it keeps failing after it is flashed, when it checks if the bios is ok.

I also tried the awdflash dos utility, with the /cc /cp /f swithes.

The first time there was a read error, and after that, it froze every time I tried.

The bios saviour has an Abit bios stored (I last used it with my NF7-s), if this makes any difference.

Please hepl guys.

Originally posted by Ujin

Hello to all.

I've just bought a DFI LP UT 754 NF3 and I'm trying to use the bios saviour that I used with my DFI LP NF2 and my Abit NF7-s.

I tried to flash the latest beta bios in it, but I had no success.

I tried the winflash utility and it said that it was a wrong bios.

I tried to flash anyway, but it keeps failing after it is flashed, when it checks if the bios is ok.

I also tried the awdflash dos utility, with the /cc /cp /f swithes.

The first time there was a read error, and after that, it froze every time I tried.

The bios saviour has an Abit bios stored (I last used it with my NF7-s), if this makes any difference.

Please hepl guys.

You have a bios lock string mismatch.

Use the /wb /cc /cd /cp /LD /nbl /f /tiny switches.

Viper

Thanks guyz, I'll give it a shot.

If you can make a bootable flash CD with the files you need on it. Sometimes the /tiny

switch and floppies do not play nice together. If you use a CD-RW you can remake the flash

CD using the same disk over and over.

Viper

ViperJohn, I tried with the switches you mentioned above.

Unfortunately it didn't flash again.

This time it said "program Chip Fail"

When flashing the bios one of the squares indicating the proccess was red instead of white.

...ViperJohn gave you very good switches and 'choices' of making a cd for flashing. The Cd flash being better I have never heard of but it does not make not better because I have not heard of it. We see new things all the time that a user has found to be better for him and then we must see if it works for us.

I know "for a fact" that any bios chip that has ever been flashed with Abit FlashMenu is very very hard to get to flash with any other type of flasher. Period. Been there and done that. Worked hours with friends of mine in getting a 'different' bios to flash onto a bios chip that "had been" flashed using FlashMenu.

If the bios savior was in Viper John's hands or my hands> we probably could flash it. Why? Because we have flashed in combinations of switches and using different flashers and even flashing to a bios that flashes more easily just to get the stalemate broken so we can move onto the bios we really want to use. If I had the bios savior in my hand> I might flash it or 'try' to do so, in 25 different ways in an hours time. I have about 13 or 14 flashers I keep on hand to try and I have 7 or 8 different combinations of the switches that I would try. But to try and list all the combinations out for you is not possible. ViperJohn gave you the one's that normally work.

The other thing to consider is 'you' cannot use 'your' Bios Savior from ABit board on the DFI NF3. You may not be able to do the swap. I am using the one from my NF7 on my NF3 and I used the Abit one on my NF2 before that, but like I said> I seldom take no for an answer and I flash until I get tired or give up and that has taught me a little about what to look for. Sounds like you need to give up and move on. You are not going to get yours to flash away from ABit. The bios savior is not nearly so necessary on the UT 250gb anyway. I am using mine because I flash a lot of beta bioses that the forum user never even sees and I must stay prepared for a problem but in general the UT 250gb is not prone to eat bioses as bad as the NF2 boards used to do.

That is all I know and I begin to think you waste your time.

Sincerely, RGone...

ViperJohn, I tried with the switches you mentioned above.

Unfortunately it didn't flash again.

This time it said "program Chip Fail"

When flashing the bios one of the squares indicating the proccess was red instead of white.

The only seen that was once and it was caused by a bad chip in the Bios Savior. The

command line switch I gave you over road every safety check in Awdflash that would

stop Awdflash from not flashing the bios chip in the Savior. It is a hardware issue now.

Either the chip has gone south or the previous flash program set a check bit in a chip

register to read only and Awdflash can not reset that bit.

Viper