Infinity + 2 x 512 BH-5 DC mode problem

thanks for the replies guys, this confirms I was on the right track all along, yet there is still something wrong...

Originally posted by Mott13

Try not running in dc its only a few % difference anyway...

tried that, I'd be happy with single channel, but again lots of memtest errors, as I mentioned in my original post. It seems its running TWO sticks above 200 FSB that creates issues, no matter single or dual channel.

Originally posted by Chevelle

Im having the same problem also. I can run my BH-5 (2x512MB) one stick up to 250FSB all completely stable. Tried each stick, both ran up to 250FSB stable. But when I tried DC, its a no go. I can boot and everything, run games, benchmark. But prime crashes within 36sec every time.

this is VERY similar to what my Infiinicky has been doing. I still hope there is a solution.

Originally posted by uwackme

Have you tried tweaking the drivingstrength and slewrate settings?

I find DS 6, and SR 7 were needed to make my 2x 512M happy.

ABit defaults to DS 3, SR 10 and this really pisses off my sticks. I forget what the "AUTO" default is with DFI.

Also more ram puts heavy load on Vdimm circuit, you may need more Vdimm with additional ram than you are used to using with single stick. Ditto Vdd and Vcore to a lesser extent.

tried those and a few other combinations - no result. I know about additional voltage, but by that logic you'd think all maxed voltages would at least give you 215 FSB right? But no.

Originally posted by WeStSiDePLaYa

try agp frequency at 80Mhz and agp latency at 64. i found these settings gave me the highest stable FSB, because like you i would get 3d kick backs to desktop.

tried AGP settings, no effect on memtest errors.

I can't believe I have to run 200 FSB on a combo of a DFI board and BH-5 :(

Guest twilight

Oh my god....i thougt i was all alone with this problem!!

I have exactly the same problem with my 2 bh-5 PC3500 sticks .....i have been extremly dissapointed with my system, and convinced that my memorys was broken. If someone solves this problem be sure to let me know. Beer and drinks from me too :)

Originally posted by Mott13

You need to make a sig complete with all voltages...

and what bios you runnin?

I tested all voltages up to max on all trying to get FSB 215 and above stable, but memtest keeps crapping out. Currently on 6/19 official, havent seen any diff from any other BIOS in terms of memtest stability.

I only run 256 sticks but my dream of 250FSB died at around 241 in DC. Even loosening the timings didn't help much at all but I tried SC anc its taster stuff now:cool: . The 512 sticks and DC both hit our boards so I'm not sure theres an easy answer. Good luck and I plan on going back to DC to fight for 8-9 more MHZ.

Just a little up date with my situation. I has seen somewhere that someone said that the Drive Strength and Slew Rate was 3/10 on the Abit NF7 boards. I had my 1 GB of BH-5 stable up to 235 on one. So I decided to change it to those settings on my Infinity, and bam !!. Priming right now at 240x10.5 :nod: using 2-2-2-2-11-13-15-E-E-F-D-3-3-5-3-3-3-3 3-11-A-A-3-11. So my advise is to try changing the Drive Strength and the Slew Rate. Will post a pic when Im done priming :nod:.

I had it stable with 3-10-A-A-3-10 at 235x10.5. I tried changing the 3 to a 4 and no go at 240. Tried changed it back, changed the 10 to a 11 and still priming :nod:.

Also I tried put the stick in slots 2-3 and lots of memtest errors !! Even tried 1-2 lots of errors. So my board like slots 1-3.