hrmm... bad voltage monitoring on my 12v line?

I noticed something last night with my voltages from the bios. The 12v line seems awfully low in the bios. This is the 10.05 bios as well. I used 2 seperate multimeters and measured my voltage directly off a molex connector and the internal pots from my PSU. Both showed a constant voltage of 12.00 with small fluctuations from 11.99 to 12.01.

However, the bios is reporting my 12v line at 11.1 volts... WTF??? Something is seriously wrong there. My 3.3v line is reporting correctly at exactly 3.3v and my 5v line is reporting at 4.98. Measured off my PSU the 3.3 is 3.36 and te 5v is 5.12. So those are perfectly fine. I'm just afraid that since my CPU runs off the 12v I am hoping this is just an error with this bios. Oh.. I'm running a 550w TTGI PSU with a 32A 12v rail. I know the PSU is good it has to be a motherboard problem or a bios problem as it has never shown that low in any other system.

Anyone else notice this?

There has been many threads about this before. The winbond chips that reads these voltages is the problem & no matter what prog (bios,desktop monitoring software ect......) it is going to show like this.

It has been posted many times & this is the way it works & it probably want get any better. If the DVOM shows good voltages then there is no prob....

SJ

This is off the 12v line only then right? when I get a chance I'll try to measure the voltage directly off my mofsets and see what my drop is there. The reason I say this is because the asus a7n8x boards I've owned before this had problems with the 5v regulation off the cheap mofsets they used. That and they were too far away.

my 12Voltage says 11.7 on idle and 11.5 in load.. i know my PSU is like this as it showed same on my other boards.. well my system runns fine so im not worried :) but 11.1 seems a bit low.. do u have a multimeter u can check the real voltages whit? eg direct from the PSU?

Doc

All the voltages are very good on this board, I have done alot of testing at many voltage setting & on the board with a $500.00 DVOM from my shop they are rock stable. The winbond chip that reads these voltages just doesnt report them correctly.

SJ

Yah, I have a volt meter as well, and a very good one. I took pictures with my digital camera of what I was doing while the bios screen was up. Basically, my bios would report something like 11.5votls but the multimeter would read 11.99 of the molex connectors and 11.97 off the mofset themselves, which I found out after testing each mofset that the 12v ones are the small ones to the left of the socket. Really small ones inbetween all the capacitors and those transformers. There's 2 mofsets there for the 12v line.

I know the motherboard is inaccurately reporting the 12v line for some reason now without a doubt.