What does 10/05 bios do?

I used winflash to update bios to Beta 09/12/2004. Works great. CPU temp now reads 32c instead of 40c before.

What does the new bios Beta 10/05/2004 fix? It says 4.66 sata bios. I am using sata. Should I flash this one? TX

Oh! just read the sticky. 10/05/2004 is about the sata 1&2 boot problem.

:cool: ...NEVER flash a bios onto a board that is NOT giving any problems or the bios does not specifically state is addressing a problem you currently have with your personal setup. It is a beta bios anyway and as such not supported by DFI and to a great extent is being beta tested by this community of DFI nuts, freaks and overclockers. It is not a final bios and it is not "known" to fix anything and is why it is labeled "beta". It is an attempt as you say to see if the 'setup' or turn on of 'all' sata channels must always be the case to use 'only' SATA ports 3 and 4. That is all it is released in 'beta' to do and for informational purposes> it does not fix that issue yet but it still being worked on. Once I learned the workaround the raid 0 winxp install to sata channels 3 and 4 has been a mute point anyway.

The other 9/12 and 9/14 bios were basically released because people try to run un-supported laptop and mobile style processors on the UT 250gb and better report temps since AMD changed the pin on some processors that reports temps as I understand it. So if you had a real supported processor running as AMD intended the desktop processor to run> there is no need of a bios flash anyway as I know it.

Now that is a real truth as I understand it.

Sincerely, RGone...shettmaster1 for GLOROKHO....:nod: :shake: :nod:

Thanks RG.

The 9/12/2004 did fix my supported CPU temp reading. The SmartGardian temp read much lower, i.e. 32c which I think is probably correct, altho Sandra says 36c. I just want to make sure my temps are ok before I venture to OC land (not for a long while, since I have other stuff to do). But thanks for all the help.