can't run at stock speeds

I put in a memtest cd and got this result in about 2seconds, then memtest locked up: Memtest Result

The only change I made in the bios was upping the fsb to 217, I'm trying memtest at 200 right now and it is running fine. Is there any 1 test in peticular I should run or should I let it do all of them?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rgone's suggestion has already been tried. Put in 200mhz cpu, didn't work with defaults, rmaed board, still doesn't work.

I'm going to just return both this mobile 2600+ and the dfi lanparty board for a refund on monday. I'm going to cut my losses, get back all the money I can, and buy a completely different computer.

I'm definatly going to do more research next time in forums and not just reviews. One thing I am sure of though, I am definatly never buying another dfi or ocz product ever. I knew I should have bought that gigabyte board and some corsair.

Oh well... This has been a very nerv racking but informative experience. Hopefully my next system decides to run at the speeds it's rated at and with hardware that it is listed to be compatable with.

Thank you all for the time and thought you put into this and I'm sorry that I never got it working. I just can't take anymore of this. All I wanted was a computer that would run, this one obviously won't do that. If it is going to take major tweaking to get any sort of usability out of this system then it isn't worth using.

I have wasted about a year of my life on this computer's problems and it isn't going to get another second.

Thank you all again for your support.

-Folken

The computer won't boot at 11 tras no matter what latencies I choose and still gets memtest errors.

My friend convinced me to trade my lanparty board with him for a p4 gigabyte board and a 3ghz proc. It is about equal to my other machine when it was runnin at 1.8ghz but this thing worked right off the bat and runs flawlessly. I'll just milk this until I can afford to go all out on an Opteron system. If I go Opteron I might as well go for a multi proc tyan board :)

I think ocz was designed for intel chipsets because it REALLY likes this P4 machine.

I hate goin to pentium when I have been an amd guy for so long but I can't bash it now because it has given me no problems so far.