Thermal grease

brakeless1

is that white stuff i got with my lan-party pro any good or do you think i should use my arctic silver 5 or that grey putty type pad on my stock heatsink it's a intel p4 3.0C cpu?:cool:

as5, ceramique, ocz ultra, etc etc

the plain white goop is ok if you have nothing else...but almost anything else is better

just make sure you follow the Arctic Silver/Ceramique instructions STRICTLY because too much or too little can have adverse effects...

ok so i will scrape that grey putty off factory heatsink and use my arctic 5. or is the factory p4 3.0c heatsink junky and i should get sp-94 thermalright heatsink? the factory heatsink look's like it has a copper circle under that grey putty pad. what do yall think i should use? thank's brakeless1

Guest Zatoichi

You'd better remove the stuff from under the heatsink using so alcoholic based remover so you won't have some spots with old and new stuff.

The stock heatsink on the intels are pretty good but there always beter heatsinks a sp-94 would be a great choice as your processor would run cooler and have more headroom to overclock