Echo Sound Coming From Speakers

Guest MetalMilitia18

Guest MetalMilitia18

I have the A7N8X deluxe board and Altec Lansing 251 speakers:

http://www.alteclansing.com/product_detail...p?pID=251&sID=1

When I listen to music, watch movies, ANYTHING through my computer, there is for some reason a strange echo effect coming out of the speakers, I've checked all of them, there is sound coming out of each, the connections are correct, the subwoofer is about 6 feet away from the comp. If there is anything that you can recommend it would be appreciated, it really pisses me off when I'm trying to watch office space and I get a stupid echo.

what kind of an echo is it, does it sound fake or like something else? have you checked your nvidia settings? there could be something enabled in the actual software of it, check in here.

if its not this, which i hope it is. ill see what else i can dig up :D

Edited by andrusk

• 3 months later...

well if its not the reverb the only other thing that i can think of is maybe you have your speakers positioned in a bad area that is literly creating an echo in your area where your computer is in... i had this problem with my sub because i had it kinda in a corner and when it was used id get a wierd effect from the sound bouncing off the walls at a certin angle

I've had a similar problem with my SB Audigy after playing a game. One time I exited the game and ever since I had the echo effect. Couldn't get rid of it. So I uninstalled the drivers and reinstalled. Then everythign worked good.