DFI LP NF2U A won't boot from DVD

Hi!

my board stopped recognizing bootable DVD's bootsectors. i have 2 dvd drives, on the nf2 both do not recognize the boot secor, on a pci addon controller they do (and boot from it) but windows setup aint running.

when i set all boot drives in bios to cdrom and disable try other devices the board looks for the boot sector on both drives and says no system disk.

i also tried different bit settings on the dvd, no success...

on every other pc and virtual pc the discs run well. (and they also ran well on the dfi some months ago)...

have you guys any idea, what could be wrong??

no chance to get it boot from dvd :( tried about 2 1/2 hours in total trying everything from reburning the disc over resetting the bios and changing the hardware connections....

had to boot from a cd and then change to the dvd and reload the boot menu manually....

The board doesn't know a cd from a dvd sorry to tell you. In fact at boot it really doesn't know a HD from a cd either until drivers are loaded. I'd be looking at either a physical problem with the dvd drive, a firmware issue with the drive, or a setting that may have been changed in your burning software regarding the boot options. Could be that there is a faulty media issue too. Had a box of 8x Ritek DVD-r's that when I used disk 17 of the 50pk everyone after that was crap. Opened an identical second cake box I had and it worked like a charm.