• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by trodas

Aaaargh, I got it :D

...so that is what I got. 02 on the ofset 3F and device PCI - TO PCI bridge :D

Changing it to 00 make the delay from 3.8µs to 1mS? Cool :cool:

Going to try this one :nod:

That's the right setting. Congrats, you finally found it ;)

Sorry and thanks for the patience with me ;) Im not a tweaker - not THAT hard :(

Besides, even things looked better (yes, they do!), there are still the damn quirks when I write, so I try even lover FSB, desrease the HW acceleration in control panel and add the PCI latency too - and all these settings at once.

And yep, and the Hellfire bios :)

Unfortuantely, the P2P-EXT thing isnt alterable from windows, so WPCRSET will crash the system if you try to alter it.

The bios needs to be hacked to the right value.

Im hoping someone takes MickeyPadge's D10, puts 4247sata, 1ms P2P-EXT, 96AGP controller, 255 AGP bus latencies, alpha "6,5,6,3,3,5,6" default, and cpu-disconnect correct value.... and sticks the whole thing in without ANY other changes, but in a CPC on and CPC off version.

The D10 friendly NF7-S boards DONT like romsip/etc swapouts. Just tweak the original.

So far I havent had the tiniest hint of disk trouble at all, so DFI has made me a mighty happy camper.

It's in the mid 90's here in the lab....no AC....and the Infinity is FarCry'ing its a$$ off at 240x10.5 without a peep of trouble...NICE!

Originally posted by uwackme

Unfortuantely, the P2P-EXT thing isnt alterable from windows, so WPCRSET will crash the system if you try to alter it.

No lockups... it works. And I can alter these settings how I like :confused:

One bad one should be noted.

Tough like SAE I did not get any lockups, it also did NOT fix my sound/keyboard issue :mad:

I tried alter the P2P-EXT timings to 1mS, increase the PCI latency to 64/128/255 and finally do all that with the Hellfire moded bios.

In all cases, the results are surprisingly the same. 210Mhz FSB - DAMN AUDIO CLICKS when using keyboard (sound went off when playing Doom3 for about 30sec) ...

200Mhz - no problem at all :rolleyes:

I don't know what to do. Im simply stuck at 200Mhz FSB and nothing seems to help me.

Even I would like only about 210 or 225Mhz FSB, I can't get it w/o the damn audio glitches :mad:

uwackme - I don't know why AGP need latency 255 :confused: However I wish there are bios or something, that help me. :rolleyes: I can run at 225Mhz STABLE for days, but the clicks, man... I can't stand them.

It's like someone pull you full voltage to your left speaker sometimes, when your fingers hit the keyboard.

I quess im doomed to stay at 200Mhz.

I only wonder if there is ANYONE who have Audigy2zs, PS2 keaboard (samsung preferably) and run over 200Mhz W/O the mentined issues... :(

Wow, when I try to alter P2P-EXT in wpcrset....system hangs and I have to go kill off wpcrset to get it to boot again.... kinda acts like altering CAS would act.

Geeze, maybe its a feedback or ground loop thing Trodas?

Like the ground for the PCI card Audigy isnt quite good enough? U might try rigging a 18ga wire jumper temporarily between Audigy and motherboard.

Also, try this with everything laid out on a bench....might highlight a ground loop issue with everything boltedinto the case.

Guest rcillig

P2P-EXT what that ? also wpcrset whats that mean..... ? sory not up to speed with all the terms. Also where do I get that WPCREDIT from ?

:) it up very well.

One note as it is changing register settings of a chipset and there are NO wpcr files for it> you are mostly on your own. Two years ago I was using it to find a latency patch for the IwillXP333R raid boards and was able to corrupt a bios on the ALI chipset and this long before Nvidia decide to make us coin the word 'bios corruption'. So since you plead ignorance of the program and there are no real how to's related to the Wpcrset and Wpcredit proggies> be the hale careful or you will have a mess.

Sincerely, RGone...

if you have to ask , it ain't for you :P

No offense , I don't understand all that stuff myself , hence I feel no urge to tinker with it :nod:

Well, guys, I feel no need to play with such dengerous tools hacking my poor nForce2 ultra 400 registers, however my DAMN AUDIO CLICK when I do something with keaboard (eg. type) WHEN and only WHEN my FSB is over 200Mhz :rolleyes:

And there some crazy (:D ) guys feeding me with ideas how to fix it, including these hardcore tweaks :rolleyes:

I must say I did not like the tweaks much, but I would like 200+ MHZ FSB :(

uwackme - sorry, no hand there with altering the p2p ext thing ;) But no help either, maybe I did not already alrer it? I don't know. Please advice :confused:

"U might try rigging a 18ga wire jumper temporarily between Audigy and motherboard."

...so, basicaly you speaking that when I increasing FSB from 200Mhz to 210Mhz - then suddently ground pin on PCI slots is not "ground enought" and I should support it by wire???

Man, this is a little bit sick idea, is not it? :shake:

Hard to believe. Of course worth a try :D

...can you provide me with more detail infos how to do this? ;)