nForce2 Tweaker V0.2 - Online

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tictac - wonderfully looking proggy :D

Sad to report the none of the latency values did not stick there. Lanparty B mobo, 4.26 nForce drivers... nothing other/specific to say... hmmm... speedfan is installed, but not running during the testing of changes and what else... dunno, ask :D

BTW, a very little readme like install the io.dll into your windows/system32 directory can't hurt ;)

Originally posted by uwackme

Yes I just dont get it.... the AGP BUS latency is supposed to be offset "0D" not "1B"?

Ill go diddle my 1B and see, but the DFI bios is setting 0D to 255. Did Oskar make a boo boo?

0D is Controller and 1B is Bus...according to hasw. I used his 8rdavcore (the latest development version) to find the registers. If you change the Controller setting in any post-1/21 BIOS, this value should be the same as what 8rdavcore shows as well as 0D in WPCREDIT. None of the Oskar BIOS has a Bus Latency setting. To confirm whether tictacs tweaker app is setting the correct register value, compare with hasw and 1B in WPCREDIT.

@tictac: good work buddy :)

AMD... I realize none of the bios's have an entry to alter bus latency, but the later ones do set (in code) the bus latency to 255.... and do so at the "0D" offset... not "1B"?

My "1B" offset defaults to "81" as a value, while the "0D" offset is "FF" (255). Im just trying to understand why thier is a difference. Either Oskar "thinks" he is setting the bus latency and isnt, or we are wrong in the tweaker diddling the "1B" offset.

Beats me I just work here... :nod:

BTW CodeRed had a page image from the NForce2 technical reference manual over on XS forum... WTF!!!! Where's the rest of the damn BOOK!!!!!!

In this world of leaks... like drunken Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld telling Chalibi about our having cracked the Iranian military codes.... how the FK is it we cant get the damn tech reference for a DEAD product. (Dead as in the world moved on to A64, etc).

uwackme - I could not agree more about how sad is the word, where is so hard to get any technical documentation about almost anything interesting enough :(

nVidia and ATI as well as Intel simply never release anything for the tweaking public :mad:

PS. your nick is kinda great one :D :nod: :D :cat:

HEHE... ty.... believe it or not, it was generated by one of those auto-password things for some site I signed up for.... I looked at it and said... hmmm, THAT could be a good forum name!!

Like, what the heck was that computer smokin to come up with that word? :nod:

This NICE nick is generated? Holly s*it! :eek:

Amazing :cat:

...but I think the question is more like "What do you give to your computer so it could come up with this?" :D;):P :nod: