New beta bios (6-19-04) for lanparty

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:confused: ...you need to describe in precise detail what sort of warm reboot issues you are having. Just saying I have warm boot issue is of little value to me in trouble shooting anything. Please be specific.

Thanks RGone...:cool:

First post.

I decided to finally join after seeing AG's comment here about DFI wanting feedback on this BIOS in hope to get it upgraded to OFFICIAL status instead of just another Beta from a long line of Betas......:(

Luckily I never had the cold boot issues that RGone has been fighting since the dawn of time, which is just has well since the occasional hour long fight with a warm boot problem has left me ready just to shoot it and put it out of my misery. Now thankfully that seems to be overwith........finally! I've been rebooting like crazy testing mem timings all day long and not one single little glitch posting at all.

Also, I'm now finally able to break throught the 230 Mhz FSB brick wall that I was hitting with CPC enabled. I could get my board to 245 Mhz perfectly stable and to 250 Mhz on good days with it off. But now, low and behold, I've been running Prime for the last 3 hours or so at 250 Mhz with CPC enabled!

My ram is Mushkin PC3200 Special 2-2-2 running at the following,

11-2-2-2-2.0, 9-13, E, E, F, On, 5-4-6-3-3-4-5, 4, 2, 4, 2, 4, 2, @ 3.3v

Not too bad for a BH-6 chip that was only "officialy" rated for PC2700 speeds. So needless to say I've been really pleased with this BIOS release.

Before, when I was using the official bios, I would get sirens upon reboots from windows about 1/3 of the time. Now that I have the official bios, I have not received the siren as frequently, but I have received it once. Seeing as how I only flashed today, its at about 1/10 right now, but still that 1 may indicate the problem is still there.

The only time my board has ever let out that evil scream is when I'm pushing my ram a bit over what it can do. Sometimes I can just pull the plug and it will come back up, other times it requires a good ole' clearing of the CMOS.

Since you are not using a sig, what ram are you using and what are the BIOS settings and voltage?