Freezing, What Is Causing It?

Anri

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have built a new computer rig, and luckily... it worked out of the box.

Unfortunately.... I am assuming its unstable... and the settings within the Bio is causing it to Freeze my computer at any given moment.

I have Mem tested my ram.... and the test passes and lasts for about 30mins before freezing.

Can anyone give me any ideas into solving this freezing problem?

My Specs of this computer are:

Motherboard: Ga-x48t-Dq6

Ram: OCZ DDR3-1800 1gbx2

Cpu: Q6600

I have Mem tested my ram.... and the test passes and lasts for about 30mins before freezing.

Can anyone give me any ideas into solving this freezing problem?

My Specs of this computer are:

Motherboard: Ga-x48t-Dq6

Ram: OCZ DDR3-1800 1gbx2

Cpu: Q6600

I am betting bad ram, though it could be a bad mother board. Memtesting thoroughly is definately a good idea, if you have another computer with suitable ddr3 ram you could try swapping to see if the problem disappears on your computer. However you may not have anything suitable since it is ddr3, chalk up another downside of ddr3.......

What power supply are you using?

Xion 800w

1) Ram issues.

2) Unstable overclock if u have done it.

3) Insufficient voltage.

You know... I did assume it was Ram initially...

I am going to try to Memtest each individually... cause I did not do that.

Here is my update from my last test.

For the tempertures they are a good steady 30c to 40c

Ram 1 ran good for 8 hours then I stopped it.

Ram 2 ran fro 10 Hours then I stopped it.

I ran both Rams for a good 2 hours... left it on for another 6 hours but I can't confirm if it successfully ran for a good 10 hours. (Cousin came over and turn it off to play games...)

All tests were 8-8-8-8-27

Both ram seems to be working well... but Prime95 destroys or makes my computer idly shut off. (It shuts off but stays on or the computer monitor screen turns totally black and the computer is unresponsive)

The computer is working really well at the moment (90% Stable?).

[Edit] I also have other questions that may be affecting the stability of my motherboard.

Is the removal of the Onboard Heatsink (Installation of Ultra 120 E), that were stuck to the chipsets, could that possibly be affecting my stability?

I haven't flashed the Bio as well... and I am not sure what Bio Version I am on but I see on the Gigabyte website that F4 is released back in March and I also hear that F5b is recommended but its in beta. What should I do?

[Edit2] I disabled C1E and EITS or something because it throttles my CPU which I believe may have been giving me the same symptoms of the idle shutdown (Computer goes blank and unresponsive but is still on). Is there a word for that?

[Edit3] Well that didn't stop the prime95's torture test... any other ideas? Should I keep trying slowly on guessing the magic number to get my computer to be stable?

[Edit4] Well my new symptom now is the Idle Shut down. My screen turns totally blank but my computer is still on. If I am on Windows and I overlaod it with PRIM95, I get it. If I attempt to overclock it, I get it. Change any other Bios.... I get it. What to do.....?

[edit5] MY FINGER!!! MY FINGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Intel x48 bit me! (Burtn my middle finger...) I put back the Crazy Cool Heatsink.

Edited by Anri