Cooler

hi all u superb people,thanks for all the overclocking help u gave me a few weeks ago,well i have bought a new cpu since then and broken one of the prongs on my arctic cooler freeezer 7 lol ,silly me i broke it when i put my new cpu in,anyways so shall i but one of these again i ask myself or can anyone sugest a good cpu cooler thats easy to fit please,

i have an antec 900 gaming case and a new intel dual 8500 cpu which i need the cooler for,at the moment i only have 3 of the prongs fitted in my arctic freezer pro ontop of my cpu at moment but is that safe as iam getting temps from 65 to 50 cc or shall i put the intel cooler in till i get a new cooler or will this be ok till i get a new cooler,soz sounding like a noob but we learn every day lol,

thanks and pls reply,ty

I just put a 120 Extreme on a machine. Very nice but very wide and pipes angle out quickly so if there is close/tall NorthBridge it could inhibit your favorite alignment. Fan clips seem a joke but actually work. If using 2 fans just use cable ties. They cool well enough that alignment direction may not be a big deal. The 120 plus fan costs some money but very nice.

It is an easy install with the board out. Throw a Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F 120mm or similar on it for quiet cooling. Leave the plastic on the bottom plate for easy removal.

This seems like a good buy on a tower http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16835233003

Edit: It mounts with push pins ... I wonder about push pins, especially for heavy HS. Maybe not so great?

Others like the True 120 Great Gig mentioned appear similar. I'd just go with the best deal on some tower design. I doubt there is more than a couple degrees +/- in any of these quality tower designs.

I like the big Zalmans too but prefer the non integrated fans on the towers so if bad fan? just throw on another fan or two if you want. Kinda cool looking.

You don't hear much about Big Typhoon anymore but they are great and quiet. Buy an L shaped screw driver. :lol: If price is right, I'd use it in a heart beat. Here again, the pipes may intrude on things.

Edited by Syngensmyth

Those temps are quite hot, way to hot if that is idle? I've got the same cooler, and yes those push pins really suck. Mine still does a pretty good job, I'm at 1.364Vcore and 2.8ghz with temps of 24C idle / 45C Load.

I'd probably seat the stock cooler till you grab a new one, you'll notice a huge difference with one of those other coolers people suggested. The artic freezer 7 is good for the price, but can't compare to those coolers... then again they are 2 times the price, sometimes even a bit more.