Is Watter Cooling Dead?

i was just wondering if wattercooling is classed as obsolet if it is whats the next thing to help us cool aur machines if not what are the worthwhile components to use in a cpu,gpu loop with the posability of going sli

it's not much cheaper, at least the good stuff, but i have watercooling and i recommend it to whoever is confident enough to put a custom kit together correctly and bleed/leaktest properly. you would spend over $250 for a watercooling loop that covers cpu and gpu. gpu blocks are not cheap.

i was just thinking since i might be building a hardcore rig why not get a hardcore cooling setup to go with it the only issue i have is that i would have to go though scan since they would be providing the finance for the build atm

does your dad work for scan or something? you're not going to get hardcore cooling from scan lol...

you might struggle to get decent air cooling from there...

Watercooling is certainly not dead; I see it growing in popularity among those who build/mod their own rigs. However, I do not think it'll be adopted by mainstream PC manufacturers anytime soon; particularly since most people buy a PC, set it up, and forget about it and never bother to clean out dust etc and as such would not check the H2O level.

I posted a thread here outlining various important aspects about watercooling and block/component selection