Guitar Hero 4 Drums Revealed

Verran

I totally agree about the accessory madness. I've got two guitars from Guitar Hero 2, one from Guitar Hero 3, and the entire set from Rock Band. My living room is a complete mess with all these wires and instruments all over the place. The wireless guitar from GH3 was genius, and I really wish there was a wireless version of the Rock Band instruments because having a million wires spread all across the living room is just plain crazy.

However, I'll admit that the GH4 drum set looks pretty sweet, much closer to what a "real" drum set looks like with the raised cymbals. Of course, I'll be buying GH4 when it comes out :P

hrmm....so....we already spent $170+ on Rock Band...and now we are expected to buy more crap for some stupid new game that copies RB? Yeah...no. Don't think so. If the peripherals from Rock Band are compatible, then yeah, I'm down with more Rock Band (or whatever your stupid game is called, both Konami and Activision trying to catch up to RB now).

If not, if it's like the GH3 guitar fiasco (ie the Les Paul not working in Rock Band), then I'm gonna laugh as I continue to buy more DLC for Rock Band...which is another reason I say yeah...NO. We've purchased about 50 songs on Rock Band DLC.

The other problem I have is Guitar Hero franchise's whole purpose now is to make the game insanely hard. THERE IS NO NEED OF THIS! People want to get together and play, party, drink, wife-swap, etc. Guitar Hero keeps getting progressively more difficult, and looks like they plan to do the same thing here with this new nonsense.

Hint to Activision (and everyone else):

GAMES ARE MEANT TO BE FUN

if you want women to join the gaming world, do it like Rock Band and keep it simple yet challenging on higher difficulties.

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer my real acoustic drum kit and real guitars. Still need a bass though, then get 3 musical friends over and have a real jam session not a hit when the colour is right :P

I prefer my real acoustic drum kit and real guitars. Still need a bass though, then get 3 musical friends over and have a real jam session not a hit when the colour is right :P

This works great when all your friends are musical and you have all the instruments at the home you're gathering at and your neighbors don't mind the noise. This doesn't work for most of us though.

rock_band.png

xkcd is always relevant.