Bad Mobo Experience

Yeah, yeah, I know :P

I decided to go with the E8400 dual core instead of the Q6600 to save a little bit of cash. I doubt I'll notice any kind of performance drop being that there are few programs that make use of the quad core processors, and WoW certainly isn't one of those that does.

I'll be the one saying "I told you so" then :P Intel rigs also have problem, just like AMDs, but Intel gives you more performance per $$$ :)

Did you actually "tell him so"? I know I did. :P

Enjoy the Intel build! :)

Well, check the sig and you'll see my new rig. I'm still updating Windows and various components/drivers, but for the most part, it's working well out of the box. I did get a service_exception_error bluescreen once, hopefully it's an isolated incident. I crammed the whole things into an Antec micro case but at the time, I was trying to use a Tuniq Tower and man, that just does not work. That thing is such a beast and the fit was way too tight. I took it back and used the Zalman 9500 I already had and it works just fine. I switched cases to give it some more breathing room anyway.

My co-workers just can't stop giving me crap about being such an AMD guy now that they've switched me back to Intel. So far, I like what I see. Let's hope it stays that way.