Ok Guys Going With A New Cooler Need Thoughts

ZALMAN 9500A 92mm

thats the cooler i bought with some artic silver now my question is i am a little scared cause i hear people complain so much about the size,do you guys think i should have no problem fitting this into my case?

untitled-19.jpg

I have the 9500. Ive used it with with the 478 socket and now its in my 680i mobo. I must say that I am happy with it. It's only got a 92mm fan. the 9700 is the one with a 120 mm fan I think or probably 100 mm I dont remember, so it would obviously be heavier. Also, You might want to clear some of those green cables for better airflow.

Edited by qwerty

I have the 9500. Ive used it with with the 478 socket and now its in my 680i mobo. I must say that I am happy with it. It's only got a 92mm fan. the 9700 is the one with a 120 mm fan I think or probably 100 mm I dont remember, so it would obviously be heavier. Also, You might want to clear some of those green cables for better airflow.

well my temps right now is 45 c air flow is good also i for got to add the mobo thats going to be on this fan is the asus rampage,but by the looks of it i should have no issues right?

ZALMAN 9500A 92mm

thats the cooler i bought with some artic silver now my question is i am a little scared cause i hear people complain so much about the size,do you guys think i should have no problem fitting this into my case?

No problem in the case, but the zalman does not lift as high off the mobo as the TRUE 120 so I can't say for sure if it will clear the heatsinks on your asus board.

Here is the clearance of the TRUE mounted on an ROG formula. It lifts up fairly quickly from the board but there is not a ton of room from the nb/mosfet heatsinks. The 38mm thick delta fan just about touches my first ram stick. A normal 120 fan will not stick out so far though...

Excuse the crappy cell pics. Horrible lighting and was in a rush to get everything together.

post-14548-1210647451_thumb.jpg

post-14548-1210647290_thumb.jpg

post-14548-1210647332_thumb.jpg

No problem in the case, but the zalman does not lift as high off the mobo as the TRUE 120 so I can't say for sure if it will clear the heatsinks on your asus board.

Here is the clearance of the TRUE mounted on an ROG formula. It lifts up fairly quickly from the board but there is not a ton of room from the nb/mosfet heatsinks. The 38mm thick delta fan just about touches my first ram stick. A normal 120 fan will not stick out so far though...

Excuse the crappy cell pics. Horrible lighting and was in a rush to get everything together.

post-14548-1210647451_thumb.jpg

post-14548-1210647290_thumb.jpg

post-14548-1210647332_thumb.jpg

I am sure the mobo is no issues i did some research and i looked at some pics which people had the zalman mounted on the rampage,just my main concern is the space in my case really ...really want to oc my processor asap