Water Cooling??

I dont think there is a way to mount Swiftech RAD-box on the back of my case, and it looks as if it would block my pci slots as well

The RAD-box mounts through the existing fan mount on the back of the case; it basically acts as a spacer between the case and the radiator to allow good airflow through the rad, if you have some spare case fans, the same thing can be achieved using gutted fan housings. While the radiator may then partially hang over part of the PCI slot area, it should not interfere with making the connections due to the aforementioned gap between the back of the case and the radiator.

the issue of overly thin material and poor mounting mechanisms seems less important then say temperature variation as regards propensity to crack, but since you're doing a lot of work with it i suppose you could shed some light on the issue...

There should not be a major difference between the water temps with the system off vs the system running full load (generally only a few degrees C), which would not really put any thermal stress on the material or make it weaker.

I'd say issues are much more dependent on thickness and type of plastic used as well as the way it's put together. There are several types of plastic that a lot of people will just call acrylic or Plexiglas without really knowing the difference. 2 of the most common plastics are Lexan and Polycarbonate (acrylic); for a certain thickness the Polycarbonate is stiffer, more transparent, but also somewhat more brittle than the Lexan. Also, cast vs extruded acrylic can also make a difference in the material properties. Generally the lower the material cost, the more brittle it gets; and as the thickness increases, the price goes way up.

Vendors (particularly those who are trying to keep the cost of goods low; e.g. Thermaltake) will often opt for the less expensive materials that are then thinner and more brittle, which leads to such problems. Other things that can often lead to problems are manufacturing errors such as having a center baffle in a ref a bit too wide requiring excessive clamping of the side panel to glue it in place, this would pre-stress the side panels making them prime candidates for failure.

k, and is Swiftech MCR220 alright for the radiator?

The MCR220 is a very good radiator and is optimized for use with low-flow fans; in fact, with low speed fans the Swiftech Quietpower radiators actually perform better than the Hardware Labs Black Ice Stealth series.

http://www.petrastechshop.com/pecoel.html

Check that kit out, its pretty good if you get the 3x120mm fan rad w/ med speed yate loons :)

I like the D-Tek fuzion block, gets good reviews and I have not had one problem with mine (it was my first W/C setup single loop only with the CPU)

As others have said, I would not worry about cooling your chipsets on your first setup, maybe go for that once you have this done, its not all that hard to tear it down and put another thing in your loop

Yeah, Petra's Tech certainly has good deals on most everything they sell, and their "kits" are very good bargains with high quality components.

I've dealt with the guys at Petra's Tech and they're very helpful and offer excellent customer service.

I would order from them, but I live in uk so that is going to be a problem, thats why Im going to find the place im buying from on froogle.co.uk, thats because Im cheap :D. And also I dont want to buy pre-made kits because they are not usually as good of a quality than the custom ones. Anyways Im not reallly supposed to talk now, ill decide what to buy when I get home

I dont think there is a way to mount Swiftech RAD-box on the back of my case, and it looks as if it would block my pci slots as well

i thought the same thing then i flipped it upside down and screwed it into the fan slots

Image012.jpg

I would order from them, but I live in uk so that is going to be a problem, thats why Im going to find the place im buying from on froogle.co.uk, thats because Im cheap :D. And also I dont want to buy pre-made kits because they are not usually as good of a quality than the custom ones. Anyways Im not reallly supposed to talk now, ill decide what to buy when I get home

Petra's Tech does ship anywhere in the world; non-US orders are handled via email since their online checkout system doesn't easily handle the international shipping charges. In some cases it's actually less expensive to order from a US retailer and pay shipping than to buy is from a local seller.

The only "kits" (if you will) that I'd recommend are those packaged together by manufacturers of quality components or "kits" consisting of quality components that are bundled together by resellers such as Petra's Tech. Just about all other kits (i.e. Koolance, Thermaltake, Zalman) I wouldn't even consider.