Crysis Requirements

jaygo

I didn't say I ran everything maxed... read the first line of what I said, that applies to everything including AA/AF maxed... I can run everything bar AA maxed, and I hardly have the top spec machine available...

hi i was going to by crysis, so i walked into game and picked it up said "hummm" and looked at the back!

as you know it says you need a 3.2ghz p4 [four vista] or a core two duo 2.2ghz. well i have a 2.0ghz core two duo and i meet all of the other specs but will it play on my rig??

yours sincerely;

joshua

rig spec

ram: 2gb ddr2, 800mhz[i have got a 3rd gig but its a bit flaky]

cpu: e4400, 2.0ghz x2

vga: ati radeon sapphire 512mb 1650x pro

hdd: 160gb, 7200rpm, 16mb catch

and thats all the important bits isn't it [if you want a cpu-z then i can add a screen print]

The 3870X2 or the 9800GX2 will give you the closest performance to what you want to run it at. Even then will it run at Very High + AA/AF at a decent res, and still be playable... who knows.

Most reviews I've seen put both those cards around 32-38 fps at 1600x1200 (high settings)... Though i do seem to see the 9800GX2 coming out on top most of the time.

My 8800GT stock, runs very high settings at 1280x1024 (not completely well though), so i'm assuming that either of those cards could run very high at that res with very playable fps. I only have a 17" LCD though, and will probably not upgrade to anything much bigger for awhile now.

hi i was going to by crysis, so i walked into game and picked it up said "hummm" and looked at the back!

as you know it says you need a 3.2ghz p4 [four vista] or a core two duo 2.2ghz. well i have a 2.0ghz core two duo and i meet all of the other specs but will it play on my rig??

Simply OC your C2D!!!. If you reach 2.2Ghz you'll be fine I guess, from what we discussed when you asked Your question

Edited by The Smith