Quick Watercooling Question....

dyetube

O.k... So I decide to get some UV Reactive Pentosin G11 Coolant Additive (Blue) from petra's, because I wanted something other than the thermaltake green... I mix the stuff with distilled water (1:9) and after a couple of day's my cpu is running at like 111 c! It keeps continually shutting down of course ( I didn't realize it was the temps). after extracting some water (right after turning off) The water is QUITE hot! So I shut everything down remove half of the distilled/pentosin water and put in half of the thermaltake green stuff (cause that's all I had) and now my temps are down to like 40 c... :glare: Any ideas as to why? I plan on putting the green stuff in fully tomorrow. Originally when I had Thermaltakes coolant in my system, my temps on idle were like 25 c and on full load they were like 48-50 c (overclocked of course). I did have to rma this board though because I kept getting bsod's and shutdowns, so actually this is a newer mobo than those original readings. What do you guy's recommend for the lowest possible temps? I am more concerned with temps than look at this point! Thanks!

Guest ajmatson

Man that scared me just reading it. I have always used coolants like Tt Green or Feser One now and I idle around 22C and load about 39C. Hardnrg should be able to shed some expertise here but I would assume it was something not right in the mixture. Hmmmmm :)