New rig.

Psychotic_god

My rig has officially died (DFI lanparty board suspected to having gone meltdown), I have looked to replace some of the parts, but have been unable to find a 939 motherboard of my satisfaction.

So instead I've decided to upgrade. I'm looking for an AM2 motherboard (pretty colors if possible =D), a processor and RAM for it that best combines budget and performance. I still have the old SATA hard drives from my old rig, there should be no problems using them on mynew one right? I have the rest pretty much figured out.

Thank you Occ, as always.

Well assuming you want to consider it I recently Aquired an A8N-SLI Deluxe from an Alienware that seems to be an overall good board (basic stressing @ 295 HTT was a go with my 3000+ so cant really complain for the short time I toyed with it) Just PM me if you want to look into that.

As for AM2...no, bad idea really, you've got to scrap all three anyway so why not go with the current king of performance, the Core 2 series, either a dual or quad core depending on your needs.

:withstupid: I agree on going with either a C2D or C2Q setup since you are swapping out CPU and RAM as well. AMD's current offerings just don't match the overall performance of the Intel chips.