overclocking e8400 on 780i

infieldrick

no I'm not.

My temperatures went up about 2 C according to coretemp from when I had my E6850

and this is using a D-Tek Fuzion water block. It could be that I might have applied a little to much thermal paste but idk

no I'm not.

My temperatures went up about 2 C according to coretemp from when I had my E6850

and this is using a D-Tek Fuzion water block. It could be that I might have applied a little to much thermal paste but idk

I'm not accusing you of lying or anything. You're just the first person I've seen post something like that.

I just got my zalman 9500A and installed it.... My temps are better but not what i like

E-84002 3.8ghz 1.3v---fsb@ 1700 1.3v---memory@5-6-6-20 2T---- idle 43c-50c---on load orthos 56c-62c...

would like to get some ideas on different voltages to better my temps..... i want to get to 4.0ghz. thx for any help i can get.

e-8400

780i mobo

2x1gb ram 5-5-5-12

zalman 9500A

wd-150-raptor

7900GS 256MB card (thats going today)

BFG 650W p/s

I just got my zalman 9500A and installed it.... My temps are better but not what i like

E-84002 3.8ghz 1.3v---fsb@ 1700 1.3v---memory@5-6-6-20 2T---- idle 43c-50c---on load orthos 56c-62c...

would like to get some ideas on different voltages to better my temps..... i want to get to 4.0ghz. thx for any help i can get.

e-8400

780i mobo

2x1gb ram 5-5-5-12

zalman 9500A

wd-150-raptor

7900GS 256MB card (thats going today)

BFG 650W p/s

Lower voltages = lower temps. It's that simple. ;) I think that your temp "problem" is because of your heatsink. The 9500 isn't exactly known for its awesome cooling abilities...

The Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme is the current king of air cooling. As far as fans go, that depends on who you ask. I like Yate Loons because the present tremendously good value and performance for the money. Scythe makes good ball bearing fans, but you can get 4 Yate Loons for the price of one Scythe. :rolleyes:

The Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme is the current king of air cooling. As far as fans go, that depends on who you ask. I like Yate Loons because the present tremendously good value and performance for the money. Scythe makes good ball bearing fans, but you can get 4 Yate Loons for the price of one Scythe. :rolleyes:

True, the 120 extreme is awesome.

Here is a guide on how to overclock the e8400 to 4.3ghz

with Thermalright 120, DFI Blood Iron motherboard and Team Xtreem 1Gbx2 4-4-4-10 kit.

http://www.fransatech.com/whats-news/2008/...z-with-air.html

Edited by Jak1s

Interesting, I have the same MOBO / PROC and through multiple applications of the HSF i've obtained the same temps over and over.

I am using the Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme Heatsink and with my CPU voltage reading 1.28 in CPUID, i'm getting 49c Core #0 and 42c Core#1 readings on idle and around 63c Core #0 and 62c Core #1 load (Prime 95). Sometimes jumping to 67c.

Ah yes it's at 4050.0mhz at 450x9. It runs prime 95 stable but I really don't like those temps. I'm use to 26c idle and 48c Load on my old Opteron 165 2.2ghz oc'd to 2.8ghz.

Are these temps high for my setup?

Oh and I used the grease that came with the ThermalRight U120E because I lost my radioshack grease i've used for about 8 years. (Opteron temps were on the radio shack grease)

I don't know the situation now but I tried Arctic Silver back in 2001 / 2002 and compared it to the radioshack grease and the radioshack grease won out back then ;).