can i use orthos for quad core?

enzoleo

i just overclocked my q6600 to 3.2ghz and did 5min of orthos but it only stresses 2 cores... issit possible to test all 4 or should i use prime 95? ps i dun know how to use prime 95..

thanks.

i just overclocked my q6600 to 3.2ghz and did 5min of orthos but it only stresses 2 cores... issit possible to test all 4 or should i use prime 95? ps i dun know how to use prime 95..

thanks.

just download prime95 and it is self explanitory. I think you can set orthos though but Im not sure I only have a dual core so maybe one of the quad core guys ciould tell ya.

just download prime95 and it is self explanitory. I think you can set orthos though but Im not sure I only have a dual core so maybe one of the quad core guys ciould tell ya.

Prime95 is certainly not self explanatory when running multiple instances.

Orthos will automatically spawn enough threads to occupy each physical CPU IIRC.

i just dled prime 95 v25.5 but i dunno how to use it :O anyone knows how to use orthos for quad?

edit: heres a screen shot of everything. plz tell me if something is wrong

xf.jpg

Edited by enzoleo

@ Waco, the new Prime95 automatically launches as many threads as there are cores ;)

oh pwnd! lol. I found prime95 pretty easy to use myself. but all you do is set it to toture test and then it just starts.

Or you could use OCCT, which is also awesome :)

ok thanks guys but theres another problem. i set my fsb to 309 and it went up to 3.212 i ran orthos and there was an error, so i downed the fsb to 304 and it clocked at 2.767... is a 5mzh drop cause a dramatic loss in speed? plz assist >.< first time ocing ^_^

Edited by enzoleo

ok thanks guys but theres another problem. i set my fsb to 309 and it went up to 3.212 i ran orthos and there was an error, so i downed the fsb to 304 and it clocked at 2.767... is a 5mzh drop cause a dramatic loss in speed? plz assist >.< first time ocing ^_^

Heh, 5mhz. The only place you're going to notice 5mhz is in synthetic benches, and even then it's going to disappear in a margin of error.

Also, it doesn't really matter what the consequences are :) If you need it to be stable, then you need it to be stable :) You could run "semi-stable" like some people, but you'll hear a lot of "I told you so's" when something finally goes wrong :P

EDIT###

Something is not right about your numbers. The Q6600 should be a 9x multi. So 309 should be 2.781GHz (309x9) and 304 should be 2.736GHz (304x9).

Edited by Verran