Got a motherboard

Mr Ham Cake

I'm already starting a new build to somewhat last me through the next 4-5 years, with the unreal word of "future proofing", although it won't work out all 4-5 years. I just picked up a GigaByte 965P-S3 and the next thing on my list would be.... mind you, I'm trying to save money, I picked up this motherboard at a PC club for 45 bucks, not a bad deal at all I'd say. I usually get the video card and CPU last since the prices move around when new products emerge. So should I just pick up the (in this order) ram, new HD, CPU, then video card. I plan on just getting a 2x2gb ram for less than 80 or so, and whatever the hot deal is for a SATA HD. As for the video card, I was gonna wait for the 9800 series, and then hopefully pick up a 8800gt when the prices shift. As for the CPU, I'm shooting for a Core 2 Quad, hoping the prices will lower over the next few months.

One other thing, I have a Zalman 7700-AlCu , is there a mounting bracket I can buy somewhere for the LGA 775 socket, or am I stuck with stock cooling untill more funds appear? I haven't checked anywhere, I think Newegg use to sell the bracket but I'm not sure. And if I can't find it or its not really worthy for the Core2Quad as far as cooling goes, what should I be looking at, there is a big heatsink kinda near the cpu spot on the mobo.

Thanks in advance

I really missed this place, first post in a year or so.

not sure about the bracket but the 8800 gt prices are pretty low right now,I just picked one up for 229.99 it is the 256 version but the memory bandwidth is still the same, stream processors are the same, the only thing that is different are the clocks and mine are higher, 512 version= 600mhz core, 1600mhz ram, 256 version= 650mhz core and 1800mhz ram, so I can't see a problem. I wouldn't think that the prices are going to drop more than like 30 bucks when the new series comes out.