Socket 939 Cooling

Well I used the search function for once, and it seems that as of March 2007, the best cooler for a 939 was either a Tuniq Tower or an SI-120 with a Panaflow.

Are these still the top coolers for today? Have there been any issues with mounting coolers that extend from the motherboard as much as that? And, will I have enough clearance with my motherboard and video card?

What case are you running? I had the SI-128 and it worked great, but I think the Ultra-120 Extreme is gonna be the top dog though I think you will have to purchase a separate bolt through kit for 939. I have the Ultima-90 and it matches the performance of the SI-128 with a lower CFM fan :)

I bought the Ultima-90 a few months ago. Two things you need to know about it, if your board has the ram sockets in front of the CPU socket, it will face towards the video card. And it only supports 25mm thick fans.

The cooler does face downwards with my board, so I think 2c is lost there, when I compare my temps to others with similar set ups. You might consider a non-tower cooler if your board has the RAM sockets in front of the CPU.