3Dmark06 help

san<>tran

"In order to run properly 3Dmark06 requires portions of DirectX 9.0c December 2005 update to be installed on your computer. Do you want to install the required files now ( the DirectX Setup will be launched)? Which option do I pick?

- Alright, I have Vista which has DX10 and 8800 GTS (G92) - also DX10. If I say yes, would I have to someway reinstall DX10? Will my DX10 that I have on my GPU and Vista be messed up?

Also another question about this. I just installed Vista and the 8800 GTS (G92). Is DX10 already set? Do I have to download something more other than my drivers to set DX10 to start, or is it already on and working?

It is already on and working when combined with a dx10+ card (like what you are operating at the moment). But the software has to support it also, otherwise the software will operate at DX9 Level.

So if I did an DX9 update for 3Dmark06, it wouldn't interfere with DX10 support that I use to play crysis?

- Ahh I see swifty, you're saying that 3Dmark06 doesn't...well it does say the 3Dmark06 software doesn't support DX10. But you're saying that my DX9 isn't on par with 3Dmark06 and that I needed to update it.

- If that was confusing, I originally thought that DX10 contained all the versions and updates below it.......kinda like a patch for games where it covers all the other patches behind it? Am I wrong?