Fast flow or low flow liquied pump?

MstJuan

I was looking at types of pimps around for my liquid cooling system to build one my self since they don't sell them here in malta and i found one which is 500g/h which is around 2250 liters per hour what you think ppl?

ive picked the D5 mainly due to the flow rate and the blocks and rad's the water has to be pumped through.

I work with some Big water pumps and for use with water cooling there just to loud... unless you were thinking fish pond size?

Laing D5 (also known as Dangerden D5, also known as Swiftech MCP655)

or

Laing DDCT-01s

I wouldn't even bother with any other pump

:withstupid: Those are good choices. Whatever you decide on, Petra's Tech Shop will ship all over the world for very reasonable prices. You'll have to e-mail them to get a quote though.

what i was thinking is about a heavy duty pump used in the industry to cool micro systems n large machines.

You could go for an Iwaki pump if you really wanted massive flowrate and pressure, but the cost is two-fold: price and noise... if neither matter to you, then that is what people use for ultimate performance

hi hardnrg

since you ate one of the most good molders around here i guess you will understand me when i say that what i had in mind is a four compartment case, 1) for the electrical equipment 1) for the refrigeration area ( where i will have a sort of a mini fridge) 1) for the cooling process which will pass from the radiator that will have cooling gas passing tough and 1) to host my rig which will consist of 10 hd's two main boards p5e3 , sli for each board and many other tweaks. case size 100cm*100cm*80 plus loads of add ups for cable management ,temp control etc etc etc. i need that sort of pump for this project

For that project you will need a lot of drip trays unless that fridge keeps the water above room temp other wize you will have a shead load of condensation! and if the fridge does keep the water above room temp buy the time the waters passed all the blocks it would probly be to hot to do any cooling... having 2 or more loops might help and then you wouldnt need a huge loud pump!

well the compartment will be sealed whit proper sealant and only the cooper pipes to cool the system will come in and go out besides that i was thinking that for the water blocks not to create condensation i was thinking of making a dehumidifier with in the compartment designed for the computer parts. as regards to the water generated by the condenser will drip up on the compressor so to dry out l the water that has been created.

what you have suggested will not work at all...

1) a mini fridge cannot cope with the heatload of a computer, nor can most full-size fridges!

2) copper pipes are not a good idea, although it's possible, it's incredibly difficult

3) uninsulated sub-ambient parts WILL condense water and drip on your PCBs causing short-circuits

it really sounds like you haven't quite grasped the concepts of watercooling yet, never mind chilled-watercooling... I'd suggest buying a watercooling bundle from Petra's Tech Shop and then research chilled water before you make that leap...

it's not easy at all to run a chilled water set up, I can't recommend it at all to someone who doesn't realise the technical implications and requirements of sub-ambient cooling

your perfectly right dear friend this is the first time i am trying to apply such application to a computer that is why i am asking. but from what i know if i use a sub-ambient compartment and i insulate with refrigeration material. so i insulate the two compartments. as for the fridge idea if kept under closd environment should go down to 4 or 6 digress. if i mate like a 9 pass system this will help for heat dissipation at least my idea. or else i had an idea of using thermo couples the 500btu system which are use din telecommunication systems and for large computer cabinets.

the link is http://www.inbthermoelectric.com/liquidchillers.html

i believe they are good. btw thanks all of you peolpe for the great help.

if you put 250+W of heatload (two overclocked Core2 Quad processors) in a fridge, it won't stay cool...

think about if you took something out of the oven, like a casserole, while it was still bubbling, and put it in straight in the fridge... would it get cool in 1 second? no... 1 minute? no... 1 hour? maybe...

now think about if you put the hot casserole in the fridge with a little gas burner on low heat... that's what you're trying to cool with a mini fridge...

you need something like a 5000BTU system to get anything decent... most people use 8000BTU+ Air Conditioning systems, a 500BTU chiller won't cool much at all... especially a TEC/fan chiller...