AMD 6000+

Tdubya

Those temps aren't bad, you should be fine as long as you don't plan on overclocking...and you won't be with that motherboard. Compaq (and most big box pc makers) disable just about any overclocking features you need so that doesn't surprise me. They basically dumb them down for the masses. :)

And so people can't damage their pc's and and get mad at Compaq/etc for doing something wrong, therefore costing them money in the long run.

Thanks Crow. I had looked for the mentioned Hardware Manager in bios while first setting up the new hs/f, but didn't see the option. After hitting F11 during bootup, which offers a few more options, I did find it. I'll be reinstalling the new hs/f combo again.

I have a few questions regarding the bios setup for this cpu. There's an option in there for ramp up speed beginning at a certain degree celsius. I messed around with it last night with the stock hs/f. I set the ramp up temperature to 50c, and 55c for max fan speed. What temps should I use for these 2 areas in bios for this particular cpu. It seems I have read that the max operating temperature shouldn't exceed 65c. The stock settings for my old amd 3800+ were set to 60c for ramp up and 68c for max fan speed. While playing a few games last night I noticed the fan kicked up to max speed a few different times. I have the side panel off at the moment and it was kicking around plenty of air. I guess I'll need to get an exhaust fan for the rear panel, as it has mounting holes and all for placement of one. Is there a typical size that usually fits there....looks like a 80mm fan should fit?

Those settings for the fan speed sound fine. At that point it's really personal preference if you want to lower the point at which the fan speed revs. So decide if the lower cpu temps really matter much to you.

Yeah, usually the fan holes back there are 80cm. It is in mine.