i think my monitor is dieing

nightsider

my monitor keeps changing the pic a light shade of green then it flickers back to its normal wight color ive checked evry cable evry conection whats going on with my monitor?

sounds like one of the wires in your vga cable is going out. If you got a monitor that has a removable cord, the solution is easy as long as the problem is not where you plug it in at. temporary solution is to duct tape the vga cable into such a manner that it does not apply any pressure at the weak part in the cable.

Depends on whether you think you can repair the cable or not. It will be a test of your soldering skills and you will probably lose some of the shielding on your cable, so it will be more open to interference. Did you find out where the break in the cable is? If its on the end that you plug your videocard into, you could probably cut your cable a couple inches back and buy an vga adapter from radioshack or something and solder that in there.

One of the guys I work with had his monitor start displaying stuff in a pinkish hue for no reason. It turns out that his power supply spazzed and it messed up his video card. Do you have access to another monitor to test with? If so, I suggest testing your computer on a different monitor to make sure it's not the computer's fault.

alases i threw my old monitor out when i moved out of my parents kinda wish i had'nt done now so this could all be down to the Power supply messing things up

I doubt it's messing things up. I guess it is possible that the psu messed up the graphics card (past tense) and may continue to mess up other things. But if you got another monitor or videocard you can find out real quick. But I bet that one of the lines is broken, either in the cable, or in the adapter or maybe even inside the monitor or video card. In which case, it is all up to how comfortable you are with your soldering skills, if you can find the break. Just please remember, that if you open up the monitor that capacitor can kill you, even if its unplugged.