help me decide

Monka

Hey im looking to pick up a new monitor, nothing too crazy just a new lcd around 24".

ill be using it for Movies and some gaming (Battlefield, WoW, Steam)

i have a Evga8800gtx

so far ive found: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?sk...d=1170290375980

anything wrong with this lcd?

thanks!

Rather nice. One thing to note there's not likely to be many in stock (store I work at had 1 yesterday) so you may want to hurry up if you get it there. Otherwise Newegg has it for $400 now, $50 rebate, and free shipping if you dont mind waiting a few days to get it. So $350 is of course better than $380 + tax...Actually it's probably cheaper to buy it off the egg anyway once you factor in tax without the rebate...

On a side note, it doesnt show a DVI cable in the neweg pics so be sure you have one/get one with it.

well after thinking about it i think the westinghouse is a little over kill for me atm, the "LG" has 3000:1 contrast compared to the 1000:1 westinghouse which means its better colors(i think).

as long as u guys dont think the 3ms and 200 less brightness is a huge gimp im prob. gonna save some cash and get the smaller one.

The bigger concern to me would be thenative resolutiuon drop, you have an 8800GTX so 1680x1050 isnt really going to show all the glory that it COULD be in many games. Of course you could always go look at the monitors and see how they look in person. (and if you're lucky maybe even get to see one of them perform. Just be sure to check the internet for pricing before you buy anything, no point in paying more money for the same thing.

Also if i remember correctly the 21.1 version of the westinghouse is also onsale this week @ BB so check that out too if you decide to go smaller.

I think if you intend to use the monitor for gaming, you should pay more attention to the response time , I noticed that the westinghouse L2410NM has a 8 ms response time, that's not good enough.

Except of course for the part about how LCD responce times are ACTUALLY measured. Many are now listing gray to gray (G2G) responce times rather than the older black>white>black ISO standard measures. In otherwords, the monitor you linked may verywell be worse than or equal to even with a better rating.

Say 8ms isnt good enough is a very stupid thing to say, because most old 12ms rated LCDs ive seen DONT show any ghosting and many 16ms rated ones dont show ghostign except in the most extreme cases. Now that's not to say the Viewsonic is bad, because I happen to like their monitors aswell, but such a statement may mislead some into thinking a total crap LCD like the Sceptres you see so cheap on newegg are good. In reality they suck when compared to others that have "similar" specs.