OC'rs to the rescue

cdburner5911

So i was messing around with the asus AI booster for the #1 comp in my sig. I put it at 270X9 (266X9 standard), worked fine, put it at 280X9, blue screans on boot up...

that is tho only thing i changed (unless it changes other stuff automaticaly)

i have 800Mhz ram, and in the bios it says the fsb is set to 1066, and no matter how i change the mutiplyer (in bios) it stays at 1066

and i cant change anything else in bios

anyway, any help you can give me would be AWSOM

thanks

cdburner5911

i want to apolgise for being a noob, so, sorry :smack:

So i was messing around with the asus AI booster for the #1 comp in my sig. I put it at 270X9 (266X9 standard), worked fine, put it at 280X9, blue screans on boot up...

that is tho only thing i changed (unless it changes other stuff automaticaly)

i have 800Mhz ram, and in the bios it says the fsb is set to 1066, and no matter how i change the mutiplyer (in bios) it stays at 1066

and i cant change anything else in bios

anyway, any help you can give me would be AWSOM

thanks

cdburner5911

i want to apolgise for being a noob, so, sorry :smack:

you want to turn off the ai booster and set it to manual :) if you can't put it on manual I wouldn't bother oc'ing :( if you are unsure how to manually overclock then go to forums-overclocking and right on the top ther are overclocking faqs, overclocking essential software, and an overclocking guide with excellent visuals :) I would tell you how in this thread but it would take all day and a couple of pages so there you go. I have an asus mobo to as you can see from the sig, but that ai booster only switches the cpu there are so many things to take into account that the ai booster does not. so check out the over clocking forum and then if you still have issues we'll help you out. REMINDER: go very slow when it comes to overclocking you do not want to fry your chip or worse all of you components

also welcome to occ :P

I feel like an idiot

Bumping the thread while still being frowned upon would have been a better idea...

If no one replied to the first thread after 70 views then what good is "copy & pasting" the old thread into a new one gonna do?

It has been less than 24 hours, maybe people just didn't see it... -_-

I feel like an idiot

Bumping the thread while still being frowned upon would have been a better idea...

If no one replied to the first thread after 70 views then what good is "copy & pasting" the old thread into a new one gonna do?

It has been less than 24 hours, maybe people just didn't see it... -_-

yah, sorry, but in any case i got it back to normal

Edited by cdburner5911

Reposting the same exact text you've already posted in another thread is not cool. If you really need help, bump your old post.

If you're going to make another thread, at least have the decency to update the text.