my first OC

razor

heck yeah it is! I nave the same cpu my oc is @ 2.797 and my ram will only run @ 3-4-4-6-16! if i try to lower it it is way unstable. my temps are about 4-7c lower on idle and 5-7c on load but I'm runnin thermaltake water cooling.

I'm feeling pretty grateful, seems like I got a good CPU + mobo...wasnt sure how well I'd do, Biostar boards dont seem to be held to the same high standard as Asus/DFI. I'd like to go a little further, but I really dont know what to do next - I cant have my HTT above 1000mhz, and I dont know if there's any positive in dropping my HTT multi to 3x and pushing the CPU higher...I doubt I have the CPU headroom to make dropping my HTT multi further a reasonable idea. hoping to get some insight on that - I'm gonna keep looking on my own, but I'm kinda spoiled by all the expert advice around here. OCC rules... :thumbs-up:

edit: phil, what kinda RAM do you have? just from 1 days' experience, I'd totally recommend the OCZ Platinum - a 2gb kit is only $99 @ the Egg right now...

I'm feeling pretty grateful, seems like I got a good CPU + mobo...wasnt sure how well I'd do, Biostar boards dont seem to be held to the same high standard as Asus/DFI. I'd like to go a little further, but I really dont know what to do next - I cant have my HTT above 1000mhz, and I dont know if there's any positive in dropping my HTT multi to 3x and pushing the CPU higher...I doubt I have the CPU headroom to make dropping my HTT multi further a reasonable idea. hoping to get some insight on that - I'm gonna keep looking on my own, but I'm kinda spoiled by all the expert advice around here. OCC rules... :thumbs-up:

edit: phil, what kinda RAM do you have? just from 1 days' experience, I'd totally recommend the OCZ Platinum - a 2gb kit is only $99 @ the Egg right now...

I just have like samsung regular ram its actually holdong up pretty well so Im clad that it is but right now I'm looking into a corsair kit that is only 80 bucks but if that falls through then I'll tottalt pick up the ocz