Folding@home On Linux?

andrusk

Hey guys, i was just wondering, im about to try to get a linux box going here pretty soon, i was wondering if the linux console version of F@h runs any faster, slower, the same as windows console version, if it runs any differently on one or the other ill definetly do the folder on the one that runs faster! If anybody has any experience with this please post, or if you have any thoughts about it at all, i would like to hear all sides of the story, thx.

Kyle out.

the OS isn't going to make much difference... I have a p3 866 with linux and a p3 866 with win98 and they both finish a wu at about the same time and they are close enough that I can't tell if either is faster. hope that helps.

this is just my experience

with windows - when i am running f@h other "idle" programs slow it down- since linux doesnt have as many it runs it faster

i dont know how accurate this is though

and of course - fold on both :P

Why not fold on both? ;)

well, right now im only gonna do a dual boot system so i only really have one computer to fold on with either, rh9 or winxppro, so if linux folds faster i was gonna fold under that os. thanks for the responses though.

i am doing the same thing dual-boot and just run it under which ever one your in if your in linux when you go to sleep run it in linux if your in windows when you go to work run it in windows