Seti And Folding Question

General912

yeah true. Thanks just wanted to clear it up i knew it had to but I wasent really sure what peoples succes was with running both. How long dose it take for the people who run both to get a wu done. it usally takes me 2 days for 1 500 folding unit.

Well, I do 1 to 1 and a half a day. Right now I am working on a 400 unit and it's doing 1 frame about every 7 minutes. So, it will be done sometime tomorrow afternoon or so.

I tryed running Seti and Folding at the same time. I will never do it again.

But, how good would Folding run on like a Cely or a P3 or a Duron? How much slower would it be? Or would it be better to run dual CPU and run 2 F@H on each CPU? I was thinking about that. But wouldn't it run the same unit?

4 of my folding machines are p3's and they run a pretty slow even with the console version, I haven't really paid to much attention to exactly how long they take to finish one. Running 2 F@H on each cpu in a dual setup I would think would be a little faster than running 2 on a single cpu system. And I think it would work the same as long as each instance of F@H has its own folder and is run from that folder they should work on seperate WU's.

Ok. So if I were to get like a dual MP 2000+ it should run around the same speed as I am going now?

1.8GHz P4 (ugh). So it should run a bit faster. So I could get double the WU's done. Start catching up I guess.

Ok, so.

Dual MP 2000+ (or higher?)

How much RAM? 512?

Video, does it matter?

Case. Just a basic one.

Moniter, a cheapo one just to look once in a while.

That should be good right?