new 3dmark and sutff

Tell me what you guys think of this for first time over clock

brand new Arctic Freezer 7 3 hours old

also how long does it take arctic silver 5 to run at optimal? and should i crack open my 8800 and replace with arctic silver 5, would it be worth it?

post-22273-1183054470_thumb.jpg

3dmark.bmp

That is not a bad 3DMark score, really. It's within the margin of error to mine. I haven't taken apart my 8800 to change the TIM as I don't want to dismantle the card. If you really feel gutsy, replace the TIM on the 8800, mobo NB, and MB SB. You could also put better heatsinks on your mosfets. I've never really gotten into that.

AS5 says on the website that it takes around 250 thermal hours and several thermal cycles (the PC being turned off for a while to cool the paste down) before it will settle. Some people report up to a 5C drop in temps after that time. I have never noticed a difference myself. You may be well aware, but be careful with application of AS5, it is not only a great thermal conductor, but it is an electrical conductor. You can short components with it if not careful.

sweet thanks for the help

i was very carefull cleaning and applying, never touch andything i didn't want it on

my card now runs at 53 C idle but i think i will upgrade to water on it before i mess with it

they have a really nice waterblock that covers the main chip as well as the ram chips

like $150 though :P

and should i crack open my 8800 and replace with arctic silver 5, would it be worth it?

It lowered my load temps by about 3-5C. However, once you remove all the big screws and the two on the PCI cover, it may take a lot of force to pull it out. The amount of thermal paste they used made it stick.