Micron D9's In Da House!

Eagerly awaiting the package with the ECS 650i SLI mainboard, I looked at DDR2 prices, and saw that they went up by 20€ already! :O After a quick google search, the prices (at least here in Germany) are supposed to skyrocket in the next couple of weeks, so I thought this is a good time to stock up on some Micron's, as I didn't really like the OCing of my Elpida chips on the GeIL's I own. Quick search revealed that locally the only shop that sold 2GB kits with D9GMH or GCT chips (http://ramlist.infinityx.nl/ddr2/) had some Mushkin HP2's in stock, so I went down there today and picked up a kit :) These are Micron D9GMH on Brainpower PCB, so they should OC well!

I can't post pics right now, as my dad stole my camera, but when my bro gets back I'll borrow his!

*shuts off rig to put the new sticks in*

[Edit]

God I'm beginning to hate my rig! :angry2:

So, I put the sticks in, boot fine at stock speeds! Of course, first thing I think of is OCing obviously, and I read a couple of things about the D9GMH chips, and started testing. Went from 4-4-3-10 (all at 400MHz) to 4-3-3-8 and then to 3-3-3-8 (at 2.3 volts), and thats where the pain started. Wouldn't boot correctly into windows anymore, would always give an error, even when I changed it back to stock speeds! Now that's where some of you'll be saying "never change a running system", and I agree, but I had to try these :P I guess they'll stay in the package for now, I'm back on the GeIL's with Elpida chips. But although I put those in, it still acted up! My totally rock-load stable settings (400x8 @ 1.4V's, RAM @ 4-4-4-12, 2.125V's) weren't working properly either. Now I could finally reach windows using 266x8 (default) and the RAM at 400MHz 4-4-4-12. I'll reboot and see what it does (go back to OC settings I mean), but this is really . me off! <_<

[Edit2]

Jeezuuz! Me hates! I dunno if I f-ed up my voltage controllers during this short OCing session. Before this, CPU-Z would show BIOS 1.4V's as 1.376V's, but now it shows 1.360V's... What's going on?!

Clear your cmos and start over.

As far as cpu-z goes I would not get too excited by a difference od 16/100ths of a volt discrepancy. If you want perfection you are never going to get it with software you will have to hook a Multi-meter to your system and leave it there forever.

WZ

Edited by weldzilla

I'll have to find out what their in-house names are and look up the specs. I may be able to give you some pointers on timing that wouldn't violate my confidentiality agreement.

I'll have to find out what their in-house names are and look up the specs. I may be able to give you some pointers on timing that wouldn't violate my confidentiality agreement.

Say what?! :huh:

@ WZ, did that already!

Say what?! :huh:

@ WZ, did that already!

I work at Micron. I'll try and find out the actual in-house part number and find the real specs, maybe there's something I'd be able to tell you about them to help you OC them that won't break confidentiality rules.

Or I could not...