Ghosting?

Hi Guys,

I was watching a couple of DVDs on my BenQ FP241W the other day, and saw what I though looked to be ghosting. Sort of like a trail behind the people on screen.

Now when I read reviews of this screen no one complained of ghosting during DVDs.

So, to make sure it wasnt just me, I cracked on some games, involving much faster picture change than the DVDs I was watching, and I couldn't notice any ghosting trails, or lag of any kind. I changed direction as fast as I could in several games, and nothing. PERFECT fluid motion every time.

I watched a Blu-Ray vid through HDMI from my house mates PS3, and I don't recall seeing any ghosting on that.

Could it be some other component in the loop creating this effect??

Other than this "ghosting" I noticed in a couple of DVDs this monitor has been EPIC! 10/10!!

PS. Benq tech support is AWESOME too!! There is a little grey spot under my screen (I posted a topic a few weeks back about cleaning it) and I emailed tech support, who replied within the hour and said I should call them.

So I did, straight to a human, she imidately said I should take a picture of the spot and send it to them to see what I could do about it. Next day I had an email saying there was nothing I could do, but they would replace the panel ON SITE for me! :O

So, apparently benQ are gonna drop my house with a new screen!! Didnt expect that at all :O

Im using Power DVD to play back the DVDs, I don't think I have any interpolation blending on.

What are the optimal settings for Power DVD? Or is power DVD not even a good player??

Thanks!

Some DVDs have ghosting because of the Film->DVD process was done wrong... sometimes you get ghosting because the source was shot as interlaced and the deinterlacing algorithm of the DVD player is rubbish (e.g. interpolate+blend fields)... some Freeview DVB-T broadcasts have some form of ghosting problem, like US stuff can suffer from a poor framerate conversion (29.997 NTSC to 25 PAL)

you can see the movie info using DGIndex

I have switched DVD player from Power DVD 7 to Nero Show Time which is included with Nero 7 Ultimate.

The ghosting appears to be gone. It was present when watching Crank through Power DVD, but a brief view through Show Time seems to show that its gone....

Gonna watch a couple more and see how it goes.

Thanks for the replies :)