OCC Review: NZXT Precise 1000W PSU

NZXT Precise 1000W PSU

91x17-digg-button.gif

If you've got any kind of up-to-date system, you are well aware of how important having a properly sized power supply is. From experience, an undersized power supply causes many problems that are seemingly unrelated. Problems like computer lock ups, BSODs, programs that start having weird flaky problems, even data corruption can occur. These problems are sometimes hard to troubleshoot and you'll probably end up blaming your motherboard, RAM, or processor. The solution to the problem is, of course, to ensure that you have the right size power supply for your system.

If you are anything like me I tend to keep components like my power supply and case for much longer than I will keep the other internal components, like the motherboard or RAM. So when choosing the power supply, I always try to get the best of what's available at the time of purchase, to reduce the chances of having to change it in less than a couple of years. As with most other components in today's market, you have a wide variety of products to choose from. Power supplies range from 200W to 1200W and are continuing to increase in output and available options. NZXT is a relatively new player in the market of cases and now power supplies. The Precise 1000W is one of the newest power supplies that it has to offer.

6_thumb.jpg

Interesting unit, but what I really dont understand is the scaling of the graphs, why does it go to 100V? Graphs are pretty and all, but 100V? Also, its nice to see some sanyo denki fans :)

Oh a FYI, thats a TopPower built unit :)

Interesting unit, but what I really dont understand is the scaling of the graphs, why does it go to 100V? Graphs are pretty and all, but 100V?

thats a problem we have with our system... we've been trying to get that fixed for a while :(

Ahh that explains it :P as long as you dont get a unit outputting 100 some odd volts, its all good :)

it scales up fine (to a certain point) but its the scaling down part that we're having trouble with